xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Solderless  (Read 113 times)

tgunz83

• Archived User
Solderless
« on: December 06, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »

I installed my Xenium Ice w/ solderless adapter... was having the usual pins unaligning problems, then I used the "paper trick". It worked flawlessly for about 24 hours, then today I powered up my Xbos and it frag'd. So I opened it up and folded up a bigger piece of paper, realigned, and screwed it back in. It's working again now, but I was wondering a couple of things:

1) Has anyone found another method of keeping the adapter in place that they havent had any problems with? (Electrical Tape, etc.)

2) And how many of you had no luck, and decided to just solder the damn thing in?

Cheers
:beer:
Tom

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Solderless
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »

solder it, its pretty easy - im 15 and i learned to do it in one afternoon. :D

shadow882004

• Archived User
Solderless
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »

solder it. . .

I would. Thats what I'm doing next weekend! YAY!  :D

X-ECUTIONER

• Archived User
Solderless
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 07:19:00 AM »

I have done all of my Ice installations using the quick solder method :D

Harsesis

• Archived User
Solderless
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 08:02:00 AM »

Stick with the solderless if you can't be arsed to solder and just wanna play games :P

I stuck mines in with the paper trick and this thing doesn't budge  :lol: . its been in lots of different countries, the airline dudes have chucked the suitcase it was in and its still hasn't moved  :blink:

dapper1

• Archived User
Solderless
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 12:52:00 PM »

tried the solderless and coundn't get the damn thing to line up properly on my v1.0, so reluctantly i used the quick solder method and in 20 min. i was up and running.  i'm a novice a soldering but i would suggest the quick solder method!

sayguh

• Archived User
Solderless
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 02:15:00 PM »

I was a complete newb and I put the solderless adapter in my 1.0 and it's working fine, never had any mis alignment problems.  Maybe some are just made a little different cause like Harsesis said i've taken mine in the car with dirt roads carried it around upside down in my backpack, my mom dropped it once thinking it was just some books (it was my my bookbag), nothing budged.   :D  I guess either each is different, or i'm just a better human being than you are.  Probably the first of the two though.