xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Ice Installation Prob  (Read 196 times)

musty

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Installation Prob
« on: December 05, 2004, 01:59:00 PM »

i need some major halp.  i have a v1.0 motherboard and i recently bought the xenium ice i first tried to solder using the pin header and i thought i did a pretty goodjob.  everything looked fine to me.  i hook it all back up and get a red flashing light then my fan stops.  it does this 3 times until the fan spins nonstop and i get red and green flashing.  i figured i had just a bad soldering job so i cleaned up the pins and tried to hook it all back up who knows how many times.  eventually i got sick of it so i tried to quick solder install and get the same probs.  anybody know what i can do??

flbeserk

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 02:37:00 PM »

are you sure everythings good?  did you take out the chip and just tried to load the xbox regularly? sounds like a bad solder or something isn't connect like maybe a controller port or something. other then that i don't know.

musty

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »

yes the xbox works just like normal when i take the chip out.  and i hooked everything back up completely, but i just don't understand.  my soldering can't possibly be that bad. i have re-done the solder job atleast 10 times

n1fookey

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 06:34:00 PM »

If you have a multimeter this might be of help to you.

http://www.xbox-scen...es/lpc-diag.php
http://pictures.xbox...iag/lpctest.jpg

Don't mean to be rude or anything but it IS most likely bad soldering that's causing you trouble, check the voltages and resistances, voltages shouldn't be off by more than 10% and resistance should be damn well near zero.

Note: on the picture for measuring resistances point 4 is wrong, it's the one to the right of it that's correct.

I used the above diagrams to help me correct a Xenium install on my own 1.0 XBox so I know they're correct.

Also, if you have a trusting friend with a pinheader-install you could try slapping your chip in his/hers XBox to eliminate any doubt.

Good Luck!

X-ECUTIONER

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 08:11:00 AM »

I had that same problem where my xbox would FRAG I checked all my soldering joints and found no problems with them no splashes on the board no broken traces nothing everything looked great but the problem continued.So finally I got some help here from one of the members telling me to ground my chip to make it stop fragging and turning of and on 2 times so guess what I did ground my chip and the fragging stopped now my xbox was wonderful again so I would ground the chip to see if that helps, if not then my guess is that you probably got some solder on the board and fried some traces or something everything will look normal from the naked eye but try using a magnifying glass and take a real good look just to make sure everything is O.K :D

musty

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

how would i go about grouding my chip?

sayguh

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »

The other thing you wana try is switching it into recovery mode and make sure that your OS wasn't just bad.  I tell this to everyone, i dont know how many people it actually works for, worked for me.  I just think software is a lot easier to check b4 you go desoldering and risk reallying mess'n sumtin up.  If the recovery mode boots fine then ur chips in there well and u just hafta put the new 2.0.1 or an older OS back on your chip.

musty

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »

bump-- how would i ground my chip too?

Dark Drake

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 10:33:00 AM »

to a screw on the motherboard the closest one usually works best but just solder it on the metalic plate under the screw or use electricall tape.

musty

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 07:44:00 AM »

i know to ground that end to the screw on the motherboard but where do i solder it to the actual chip?

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 10:48:00 AM »

im pretty sure that next to the d0 pad on the chip there is a ground pad.

This post has been edited by Silentscream__: Dec 10 2004, 06:49 PM

Sabre22

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 10:52:00 AM »

I believe ground is the long strip bar right above the 12 pin connector. Musty you have mail. go down to page 15 of the pin header install of the Xenium 2 the connector should be almost the same as the Xenium ice.

S

musty

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »

ok ok i've tried all your help and i'm afraid i'm going to damage my box.  do you know a place i can send my motherboard and chip to and they'll install it for a fee? a trustworthy place?

musty

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2004, 05:33:00 PM »

bump...