xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Empty C And E Partition When Ftp'ing?  (Read 119 times)

MadDash

• Archived User
Empty C And E Partition When Ftp'ing?
« on: November 01, 2004, 02:52:00 PM »

Having a little bit of trouble and wondering if someone can help me out. Ok, I installed my modchip and it booted up just fine. I installed the retail bios, backed up the EEprom, installed the Evox Bios (1.6 xbox). Everything seems to be working fine and I wanted to upgrade my hardrive using the Slayers 2.6 disk. Now comes the tricky part.

I tried to backup the C and E partition by FTP'ing it to my PC. However, whenever I transfer it or even look inside of it in FlashFXP it shows it completely empty. I've seen this posted before but I searched and couldn't find it again. I'm sure I'm just missing something really easy but I've been staring at for so long I'm going crazy. I'm using OS 2.0 (public release/beta 2 - I think). Can someone please help? Thanks in advance

neopolaris

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 03:55:00 PM »

I did mine from the dash and not from the OS.  Otherwise I could not see the contents of the folders.  I still used FlashFXP.

MadDash

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »

Thanks Neo, I thought it was odd that I couldn't see the contents of any partition. I'm gonna install Evox and use its FTP to transfer.