xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Clear Case Now No Dashboard?  (Read 140 times)

Abomination

• Archived User
New Clear Case Now No Dashboard?
« on: October 10, 2004, 10:55:00 AM »

I replaced my xbox case with a clear case, I also upgraded my fan when I did this to an 80mm blue LED fan.  Now I cant boot up, it boots to a black screen with very faint grey boxes that when I move my controler I can actually highlight.  I recovered to 2.01 bios and that didnt even help me.  Anyone know what the deal might be?

BigDaddyShoo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »

How did you install your chip?  Check to make sure all the points are still good, (if solderless, maybe you jostled the adapter when putting the dvd-drive back in)

Abomination

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 02:49:00 PM »

Wish it was that, but nope.  I checked my D0 connection and it is fine and the chip is installed properly.  When I turn on the xbox its black screen and the front LED (on xbox) blinks (green no other color)  and the xenium led lights up.

This post has been edited by Abomination on Oct 10 2004, 10:01 PM

realmccloy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 08:10:00 PM »

Can you eject your dvd tray??

I just had a customer send me his xbox because he said that his green light would contiually blink while playing games off HD.  He also couldn't eject his tray except for if he powered up the xbox via the eject button.

It was also doing some other freaky things.  

Turns out, the dvd to mobo connection wasn't secure.  Not that I think that could be the entire problem, but you never know.

I'd check to make sure all of your connections are good.  I really don't think it's your chip.  You could always remove the chip and boot it up to be sure though..

hope you figure it out soon man...good luck

Abomination

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 09:54:00 PM »

Ok, I checked and cleaned all connections inside and outside the xbox.  If I boot up with the power button nothing happens.  If I boot up with the eject button twice it goes into recovery mode and I can see the update graphic when it grabs the bios for 2.01 from the hard drive, then it says HDD OK! and flashes red and green.  Im kind of at a loss here, not sure wtf I did.  Anyone have any idea?

Abomination

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »

I removed the xenium ice chip and the ms flubber does come up,  the ice chip goes from red light to yellow light to green light.  From what I can find on FAQ's and troubleshooting guide that is right.  Anyone brighter than me with an idea?

Killa420

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 11:26:00 AM »

You sure your recovery switch on the actual chip itself isint on right?

Abomination

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 11:27:00 AM »

yes, its off.  I turned it on to see if that would help but nada.  So its back off again.