xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can't Flash Bios Without Setting Clock  (Read 299 times)

johnnysc

• Archived User
Can't Flash Bios Without Setting Clock
« on: August 08, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »

My friend bought a premodded xbox and it worked good for a while. The chip went bad and it sat unplugged for a while. He took out the harddrive that was installed and gave me just the xbox. I have a harddrive and i bought a xenium ice. I Installed the chip just fine. Now the problem is i can't flash the bios because the xbox's clock is not set. I read in the other posts that i just need to put the original harddrive in and set the clock. I dont have the original since this was a premodded xbox and it came with an upgraded harddrive.  My friend told me the new evox m8 dashboard has an autotime update or something. Is there anyway i can either flash the bios or somehow install the dashboard and then flash the bios through the dashboard. Sorry if this makes no sense im a noob. Please dont say i have a giant paperweight sitting here.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 08:41:00 AM »

you have a giant paper wait..................j/k lol. I think in OS2 you can set the time, correct me if im wrong? Did you unlock the original hard drive and when you upgraded to your hard drive did you lock it? If so you should be able to get into the TSOP launcher and set the time via m$ dash.

If not you need to install the m$ dash (get it of Slayers 2.5) through ftp or on another xbox or some way and set the time like that.

johnnysc

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »

I never had access to the original harddrive. It was a premodded xbox bought online with an upgraded hard drive already installed.  I did not lock my upgrade hard drive. If i lock it, what would be the next step? install m$ dash onto the upgraded harddrive?

ncaissie

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »

I would dowgrade the OS to 1.1 then you don't have the clock problem.

johnnysc

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »

How do i go about doing that? Are you sure 1.1 would bypass the clock issue?

ncaissie

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

I know 1.1 doe not have the problem.
I got my chip way back when.

Make a OS 1.1 CD and put the safemode switch to recovery.

People downgraded from OS 2 Beta back to 1.1.

Don't know if they fixed it on the ICE.

They didn't want people to be able to go back because of the clones.

anti-hu

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »

you could also just download xbwatch off of xbins which will correct your clock.

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 05:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (johnnysc @ Aug 9 2004, 07:00 PM)
How do i go about doing that? Are you sure 1.1 would bypass the clock issue?

Do not downgrade your Xenium OS if your Xbox is a 1.6

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 06:05:00 PM »

Dont downgrade, i don't think it will even let you.  This is a VERY VERY VERY easy problem to fix, just follow my directions exactly.  Take the new hard drive and install it onto the xbox as normal.  Boot up the xenium os and find the option i think its in settings or something im not sure, but find the option for lock hd.  Lock the hard drive.  Now, find the stock ms dash, any version, off the "usual places" or just extract it from the slayers iso.  Upload it to the c: thru the xenium os ftp.  Add a launch item for the tsop and boot to it.  You should now be in the stock ms dash booting off the tsop and you will be able to set your clock.  BAM!  Problem solved.

johnnysc

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004, 01:24:00 AM »

How can i add the harddrive and get it setup. All threads and tutorials use evox to set up a new harddrive which i do not have. I formated a 40 gig maxtor, which i checked one of the lists on this site and it is capable of being locked.  I tried locking the drive in the OS and it came up an error, as well as doin the hard drive upgrade or even the format partition option in the OS menu.  Can i connect the drive to my computer and get it prepared for xbox and then just lock it via the OS.

ncaissie

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 09:34:00 AM »

If he can't add ANYTHING to the launch menu then his only option is to unhook the D0 and launch the default bios or downgrade the OS.
If his HD is unlocked then the TSOP option is out.
How do you expect him to run slayers or any unsigned code without a bios loaded to the chip?

johnnysc

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2004, 04:11:00 PM »

Im still going to try acemilo's suggestion.  I found three xbox original dashboards; 4817, 5101, 4627. I have an xbox v1.0 which dashboard should i ftp over? or doesnt it matter? Also im still having a difficult time formatting and preparing the hard drive with the xenium OS. Any suggestions on formatting the drive and locking it so i can ftp over the dashboard?

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2004, 03:40:00 PM »

There is an old program for the pc that prepares a hd for an xbox.  You may wanna use that to prepare it, then use the xenium to lock it.

http://dwl.xbox-scen.../xhdprepa13.zip

Its worth a shot, then use xenium to lock it and ftp the ms dash over.  Once thats done and the clock is set, flash the xenium then reformat it with slayers since thats more stable.  It will also reinstall the msdash for you.

johnnysc

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »

If i can get a friend with an unmodded xbox, couldnt i just put my xenium in there with the solderless adapter. Flash the chip with the m8 bios.  And then put the chip back in my xbox. Then use slayers auto installer to rebuild the hard drive.  Auto slayer should also put an original m$ dashboard on the drive so i can just but with the original bios and set my clock then...right?

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2004, 06:45:00 PM »

no.... you can't flash the TSOP when running a modchip.....
 you will need to install an exploit when using the modchip, take the modchip off then use the exploit to flash the TSOP after connecting the points that enable you to write to the Tsop...
Pages: [1] 2