xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Installed Xenium Ice -- Only Boots To Xenium Menu  (Read 277 times)

estark

• Archived User
Installed Xenium Ice -- Only Boots To Xenium Menu
« on: August 05, 2004, 12:48:00 AM »

I just finished installing the chip.  It seems ok, even though the solderless connections were a pain.  It now starts with a red, green, green and then off.  The monitor then goes straight to the Xenium Menu (ver 2).  I have tried booting from an Evolution X cd and DVD.  It didn't work... straight to the Xenium Menu.  Then I tried booting to a game.  Same thing... straight to the Xenium Menu.  I removed the Xenium Ice and the game booted ok.  

I have tried most of the things I have read including booting with the eject button and so on.  

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.  Also is there a way to disable the Xenium Ice without removing it?

Thanks.

Ed

mavi161

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 06:40:00 PM »

to get it to boot up the evox disk you have to add your bios onto the chip or all it will do is go to the os screen.  download the bios from the "usual places" and then flash it however you would like. (i burned it to a cdrw). if you need specific help, go to xenium's website and look at the xenium ice guide. it's all in there. that's what i did. hope this helps.  :D

silentsnake

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

yeah usualy computer devices need bio;s to know what they are supposed to do in an order, gald you figured this out.