xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: General Qs About Xbox Behaviour....  (Read 369 times)

gmatharu12

• Archived User
General Qs About Xbox Behaviour....
« on: August 03, 2004, 05:15:00 PM »

ello, ive already order my Xenium ICE Solderless Chip today, i'll probably get it in about 2 - 5 days. But Neways...
I plan to keep the Xbox permantly connected through a Ethernet (crossover) cable to my router, which is also a Built-in ADSL modem. Now im thinking, because the Xbox will have a permenant connection to the internet also then, is it possible that while using my xbox normally that it will connect via Xbox Live and ban me, without me attempting to use Xbox Live features (example: Listening to some tunes on some homebrew applications, and the xbox - secretly in the background connects to the internet, and bans me). Is this possible?? Or am I just crazy and this is not possible due to the Nature of the Xbox?? Or If So, How Do I Prevent It??

Also btw today, i connected the Xbox via Ethernet to my router, and I got a instant connection, so I went to New Account under Xbox Live, and it actually connected, I got a message saying something like System Needs updating, I previously read about this, I believe I wanted to avoid this, so I unplugged the ethernet cable, the message requested me to press "A" to restart the xbox. Having unplugged the cable and switching off the xbox straight away, it should be ok and completly untouched by M$ correct????

Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by gmatharu12 on Aug 4 2004, 12:18 AM

sparhawk069

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »

If it is your first time connecting to LIVE, then the updating is a must.

I would not suggest you have a live connection when you are using a hacked bios, etc just in case you accidentially get connected.

AmO

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 01:13:00 AM »

i would recommend going into the MS dash and then going to settings, in there you should see something about Auto Sign-In, set it to no and also as a further preventative, use an Xecuter 4981 or 4983 bios as it has a sort of live block which can save your butt.

This post has been edited by AmO on Aug 4 2004, 08:15 AM

gmatharu12

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 06:29:00 AM »

Thanks AmO and sparhawk069,
Ive never used Live before, I have a Broadband connection, but I can't currently get Xbox live for my xbox just yet, I dont fancy gettin banned either!

i think what i'll do then is jus disable internet access for the Xbox's IP address via the router settings (if that is possible) - and make sure that the Xbox's IP address doesnt change, but otherwise, I'll only connect the xbox to the router while I want to transfer files between my computer and the box, then disconnect it when im done - better safe than sorry.

cheers!

Busted770

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 11:15:00 AM »

when  want to use xbox live, just launch the normal xbox dash, and then u can go to live

mavi161

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 09:34:00 PM »

if you so feel inclined to go into the live (and not get banned) also don't forget to launch the retail bios instead of a hacked one. :D