xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Total N00b Guide To The Xenium Ice  (Read 1647 times)

Gumba

• Archived User
Total N00b Guide To The Xenium Ice
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2004, 08:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (cap269 @ Jul 25 2004, 07:08 AM)
The guide has been updated.

Link to guide -- CLICK HERE

Fantastic and complte guide! smile.gif)

I just wanted to point out that the recommended HD upgrade method will cause problems running xbox live games when you use XOS2PR (or beta) to do the upgrade.

You can use my quick guide to fix this issue

http://forums.xbox-s...dpost&p=1641972

I'd still recommend doing the HD upgrade as cap269 says, but you should do the fix afterwards

Odb718

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2004, 12:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (Gumba @ Jul 27 2004, 05:00 AM)
Fantastic and complte guide! smile.gif)

uuhm, if this is the same guide that I got, it's not complete.
How bout a little info on the USB adapter??
Oh, and what about the external leds?
Wait, wait, he just says at the top of the document that these come with the Ice but doesnt really mention them after that.
So are they supposed to get hooked up? Just wondering why it'd come with one.

cap269

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2004, 12:54:00 AM »

Either you don't have the latest version, or you didn't read page 47.

kens48

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »

I have installed the ice chip, xbox works great with original HD, after upgrading my HD to a Wd1200, using the wizard, moving the files etc, when I go to the original xbox bios and then click on networking the xbox hangs. It works fine with the original HD but hangs on the new ND. Any suggestions? Everything else works great on the new HD.

f1x

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2004, 04:32:00 AM »

smile.gif

[Edit] Someone should sticky this. Seriously.

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2004, 06:01:00 AM »

QUOTE (kens48 @ Aug 4 2004, 06:35 PM)
I have installed the ice chip, xbox works great with original HD, after upgrading my HD to a Wd1200, using the wizard, moving the files etc, when I go to the original xbox bios and then click on networking the xbox hangs. It works fine with the original HD but hangs on the new ND. Any suggestions? Everything else works great on the new HD.

Apparently this fix fixes the networking hang too...

Complete Guide to Fixing the Xenium OS2 Beta and Pre-release Formatting/Xbox Live Bug V2 (5-10mins)

Introduction

The Xenium OS 2 Beta (and the Pre-Release on the ICE chips), has a bug in its drive formatting Tools. If you use XOS2 to prepare your HD, then you won't be able to run many Xbox Live games, instead they will freeze after the studio titles, or before them, or while loading the main game (depends on the game), even off the retail discs while booted with the retail bios (TSOP)!

To fix it you need to reformat your E partition with the EvolutionX dashboard's built in formatter, which is accessed via FTP, but you will not need to format your C, F or G drives. Not having to format C is a lot safer as you do not have to wipe your Xboxes operating system, not formatting F or G (if it exists) will save you LOTS of time (days) and frustration if you actually have anything on F or G smile.gif.

Guide
http://forums.xbox-s...5

smile.gif

cap269

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2004, 11:04:00 AM »

Another update

OSi

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2004, 01:56:00 AM »

tongue.gif

cap269

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2004, 02:07:00 AM »

The guide has been updated to include information on the bottom LFRAME connection on the 1.6 motherboard and SMB file sharing.

Thanks for the comments, suggestions, and encouragement/motivation to continue improving the guide!

LINK TO UPDATED GUIDE

Remember, you will need a PDF viewer/reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader to use the guide. An HTML version is coming soon...

bigphill911

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Master_Chief123

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2004, 11:37:00 AM »

cap269,
I want to than you for putting in the effort on such a comprehensize Ice guide.  I do have a question for you, and I have no doubt that you can probably steer me in the right direction.  
I followed your instructions up to adding the original MS bios, all went well.  However, my original 8GB HD crashed on me before I decided to Mod, so when I launch the original bios, I get the 07 error code (can't read the drive).  I can't get past this, how can I then set the date and time???  

I have a new 120 GB HD(WD1200JB) ready to install, but I dont think the upgrade wizard will work if the original drive is crashed (havent even tried).  How else would I install the new hard drive without going thru the upgrade wizard?  I know I can 'lock' the new drive separately, but formatting?...does it need particular files copied over to work with Live?  Please help...I've gotten this far...

Thanks in advance!

cap269

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »

You are going to need an unlocked stock hard drive to fix it. Put the unlocked drive in, lock it, then boot the original bios to set the time/date.

Alternatively, you can download the Xenium OS 1.1 and burn it to a CD, and downgrade the Xenium OS. This will let you avoid the kernel panic, flash a bios, and then use Slayer's autoinstaller to build your new drive with all the correct files. Once you're set up and running, you can download the OS2.0 public beta to upgrade the Xenium back to OS2

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2004, 09:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (cap269 @ Aug 23 2004, 02:40 AM)
You are going to need an unlocked stock hard drive to fix it. Put the unlocked drive in, lock it, then boot the original bios to set the time/date.

Alternatively, you can download the Xenium OS 1.1 and burn it to a CD, and downgrade the Xenium OS. This will let you avoid the kernel panic, flash a bios, and then use Slayer's autoinstaller to build your new drive with all the correct files. Once you're set up and running, you can download the OS2.0 public beta to upgrade the Xenium back to OS2

Best advice would be to upgrade to XOS2beta2 now... right?

cap269

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2004, 12:48:00 AM »

yup!

Master_Chief123

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

Gonna download the new XOS2beta2.  Excuse my ignorance, but whats the difference between the HDD and ISO versions?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4