xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help! Before I Drop Kick My Xbox Out The Window!  (Read 332 times)

DingoAce10

• Archived User
Help! Before I Drop Kick My Xbox Out The Window!
« on: June 16, 2004, 04:24:00 AM »

What's up all?
Need advice/help before I drop kick my xbox out the window!!
I am only on step 1(Installation of the Xenium modchip) and can't get to work!!

-I have downloaded/printed out every guide that I can find out about the installation and setup of the chip.
-I have the solderless adapter for the chip.
-I have the Xbox version 1.0 or 1.1(the LPC area has solder through the holes)
-I have found the d0 hole(have checked and rechecked that 1000 times :-) )

When I turn on the Xbox(after thinking I have everything set), it either:
-Lights up the LED on the chip to red and just gives me a blank screen (I assume this is wrong)

-No light on the chip and the Xbox boots normally!!

The springs in the pins on the adapter seem to be a little stiff, so when I screw it in, I think it might be leaning up a little...But when I look at it with a flash light it seems like all of them are hitting???

-Is it just a matter of me playing around with the adapter until it works???  Or does anyone a trick or 2 to make this easier?? (ex. maybe put a tiny drop of solder on the ends of the pins to make them contact better...)

Also, how do I know that I have the chip installed correctly???  Is it just as simple as "it is installed right when the Xenium OS comes up"??  Also, when does the Xenium OS come up??  Right away?  So if I see any signs of the Xbox Dashboard just turn it off and start again???

Sorry for all of the questions, but really frustrated and just wanna get past step 1!!! hahahahaha

Thanks VERY much in advance!!!

marksu

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 06:11:00 AM »

Troubleshooting Xenium New Solderless Adapter
aligment problem and cold solder joint

DingoAce10

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 07:06:00 AM »

Thanks marksu!
 I saw that after I posted mine problem...I will try all of your suggestions tonight! Thanks for that post, it looks like it hopefully will fix my problem...

One last questions(bottom of my first post)...how do I know that the chip is in the correct alignment?  Just because the Xbox boots to the Xenium OS?
I saw a mention of a "blue" LED on the chip???  Is that another way that "I GOT IT!"  I have not seen that blue LED as of yet...

Thanks again!