xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Last Word On A Project64 Port  (Read 305 times)

guile

• Archived User
The Last Word On A Project64 Port
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2003, 03:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (lantus @ Apr 24 2003, 06:04 AM)
simply put - its not worth the trouble

let me explain:

over the last 2 nights ive been hacking away at the PJ64 source and plugin source and have managed to get mario 64 loading on my xbox.

now for the (very) bad news:

In order for PJ64 to run properly, it requires  at least 128 megs of memory - check the docs that come with PJ64 if you dont believe me.

as well as this - the dynamic recompiler cache allocs around *50 megs* for itself. I played around with making the caches smaller and sure it works - but it runs like shit.

notice i havenet even mentioned the sound yet? that needs to allocate memory also, as does the main N64 memory maps as well, and finally the ROM image itself. Starting to get the picture?

status: im pulling the plug on this - PJ64 was never meant to work with 64megs of memory.  

hopefully this will put to rest some of these people who are pleading for a Pj64 port.

Thought I would bring this one back for "obvious" reasons. Seem's interesting that Lantus had such trouble and all of a
sudden an applicant in the N64 contest has waved a magic wand with it.
g

HumanClay

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2003, 05:15:00 PM »

Ok, since the other thread turned into a my dick is bigger than yours, i decided to make a offical thread with *only* contest news and info.

I have been beta testing a PJ64 port, and the author has given me permission to give you guys some details.

As of this very moment, it can win goals 1 & 2 

Here is a list of compatible roms with the current version. Compatible meaning fully playable with no or very minor issues, with sound/graphics/controls/saves/save state/zip support.

1080 Snowboarding
A Bugs Life
Aerofighter's Assault
AeroGauge
AirBoarder
All Star Tennis '99
Automobili Lamborghini
Bust-A-Move '99
California Speed
Centre Court Tennis
Earthworm Jim 3d
Extreme-G
F-1 Pole Position 64
Gex 64 - Enter the Gecko
Iggy's Reckin' Balls
John Romero's Daikatana
Looney Tunes - Duck Dodgers
Mario Kart 64
Mario 64
Monopoly
Paperboy
Southpark
StarFox
WaveRace
Wheel of Fortune
Rampage - World Tour

http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=17&t=54364
Yep, looks like PJ64 on Xbox is gonna be sweet

Sir_Vival

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2003, 06:02:00 PM »

That does really stump me...Iriez, do you know/can you ask how the author got past these hurdles?

SSSSSmokey

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2003, 07:01:00 PM »

There really was no point in digging this ol' thing up.  You should let it die.  If you really want to talk about this, PLEASE start a different thread with UP TO DATE information.  What was true then isn't true now.
Pages: 1 [2]