xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Anyone Got Mamex Working ?  (Read 76 times)

1dummy

• Archived User
Anyone Got Mamex Working ?
« on: February 24, 2003, 06:49:00 AM »

Since you have at least one game working the other Roms must be corrupt. I would suggest downloading Romcenter or some type of program that will repair and fix problems in your Roms.

Good Luck!

andaval

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2003, 08:12:00 AM »

Your roms may be fine. If you used xiso any any stage of the process, it can cause this problem.

DON'T USE XISO!!!!

Get isomaker or something else that uses gdfimage. The problem will go away.

Reset

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2003, 10:24:00 AM »

My mamex is running fine. Where are your roms from? I got a shi* load from kazaa lite. at least half dont work, but the rest do... try some different roms.

Combatribes rocks!

All Roms new in Mame 0.60.rar is the file name from my last lot.

the slightly annoying thing is that the zipped folders that it extracts are named badly... im finding it very difficult to work out which folder corresponds to which rom. so if one is bad, i dont now which to delete. i've got over 150 at the moment. I've been told theres over 3000 ut there, plus all the neogeo stuff that doesnt run. go look for some more.

and a little tip. if the screen says prepare to crash, memory error as long as youve got igr in your bios... aka x2lite... you can activate the reset. got to be quick though, else the box will just freeze. i hate getting out of bed cos pacman died on me....

akarnid

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2003, 10:58:00 AM »

Yeah, if you use the newsgroups, there's always someone that has posted a full romset  - guaranteed to work with mame.   I've also seen these floating around the p2p networks.    There are also full neogeo romsets around.   If you don't wanna search for that you can always contact these people.   Or use crappy chinese servers like emuchina to get them one at a time.   I had to do that...until a friend passed onto me 3 CDR's filled with the best roms.    At least they contained all the games I wanted to own - cos the majority of these old roms haven't aged well.