xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Complete Daedalus  (Read 52 times)

lil killer

• Archived User
Complete Daedalus
« on: August 28, 2002, 11:40:00 PM »

Hi, I wanna put Daedalus on my XBOX. Is there a full version of Dadealus out (having sound). If not, does anybody know the release date??

dkoikadabra

• Archived User
Complete Daedalus
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2002, 12:23:00 AM »

Well, I think the guy who ported it only released one version of it (could be wrong). And I got another bit of bad news, bucko.... the coder discontinued development on it. As I understand through rumors and whatnot (not reliable at all, in other words), he was using a legit XBox Dev Kit, machine at all, at work. His boss told him not to let the source leak, but you know how that shit goes. =-) Anyhow, he got in some deep shit, probably got fired, even. Hence, he no longer can develop for it, as I'm sure his boss is keeping a close eye on him (if he still has his job at all). Probably a grain of truth to this, too; the guy had screenshots and the sourcecode posted on www.xboxemulation.com (I think that was it, or some variation thereof) before the XBox was even released. But I must point out again that I did not hear any of this through any kind of reliable source... I'm not one of the guy's friends, or a distant aquaintence, or anything like that.
Personally, however, I'm not gonna bother playing it on my XBox. Sure, it _is_ a N64 emulator for the XBox (so that needs props in and of itself), but it is compatable with absolutely zero games I'd like to actually play (when I read the INI located in the distro ISO and read that Perfect Dark is under the "Does Not Work" section, I got a little pissed =-). 1964 would've been my personal decision, as some of it is in ASM (don't think Daedalus is), so it'll run a bit faster, and the compatability list is a bit more palable (It plays about 35%-50% more games than Daedalus... including my favs, Perfect Dark and Conker's Bad Fur Day). Again, however, this is my own personal opinion.
Sorry for rambling, but my goddamn fingers type at their own accord. =-) At least it's clear and readable typing, eh?

kanchke

• Archived User
Complete Daedalus
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2002, 01:12:00 PM »

laugh.gif

dkoikadabra

• Archived User
Complete Daedalus
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2002, 03:11:00 AM »

My handle isn't too hard to pronounce. Just sound it out phonecally, and it goes something like "Dee-Coy-Cad-Ab-Ra". A mixure of a former nickname in real life by some so-called "friends" (decoy) and something cheesy (cadabra, as in abracadabra).
Wanted to point that out in case someone wanted to know. How do you pronounce yours, since we're on the subject?

kanchke

• Archived User
Complete Daedalus
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2002, 03:40:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif )

anyway to come back on the subject, on the homepage the developer claims to be still working on the project.  biggrin.gif

I'm still hoping for a nearby release (and an PS1 emu also just for fun  tongue.gif )

cya