xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dev Kit Console Fs  (Read 933 times)

ttsgeb

• Archived User
Dev Kit Console Fs
« on: August 24, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »

I recently hot my hands on a dev kit console. I don't actually know how to use it, though.

It's the taller Xbox in the clear case, manufactured Jan 2002.

Basically, seeing as I'm a hardware guy, not software, I want to see if anyone wants to take it off of my hands before I take my tools to it.

As far as I can tell, it has minimal collectors value, so If you want it for that, stop looking. I'm looking to sell to a dev, if at all.

Condition:
Clearly decommissioned, but still sealed. All of the Serial number stickers are pulled off, FCC stickers, etc, but one remains over one screw to convince me it's sealed. SN in dash is straight 9s

It has a decent amount of cosmetic flaws, mainly a melted/scarred bit above the drive. It's light, and could be potentially buffed out.

I'm not sure if the disk drive works. My retail games and backups show a dirty disk error from the Xbox dash. haven't tried a dvd Video yet. I think this may be normal for a dev kit.

When you tilt it right (wrong) you hear a thud that sounds like something hitting a heatsink.

If you're interested, shoot me a pm, and I'll get pics videos, and screen grabs (video too) of whatever you want.

I'm not saying a price, I'll listen to offers. I don't expect an offer in the initial pm, so don't worry about that.

Once again, I'm not looking for collectors, but devs. That's pretty much why it's here.  If I don't get anything in the next month, I'll assume that it's fair game for me to attack with power tools, so don't complain if it happens.

Also, what are some neat things I can do with this if I don't get any offers I like? I know there's a lot of potential with this hardware, I just don't know what that potential is...

ttsgeb

• Archived User
Dev Kit Console Fs
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »

Some pictures:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image