xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Best Way To Install A 160gb Into A Debug Kit?  (Read 375 times)

GISJason

• Archived User
Best Way To Install A 160gb Into A Debug Kit?
« on: February 03, 2011, 04:46:00 AM »

I've got a 160GB HDD I'd like to smack into this debug xbox, I've got the eeprom off it and plan on makin a XboxHDM disc out of it but I want to be sure it'll work and use the full 160GB,
 I wasn't able to get my xbox to boot off the Recovery disc earlier today but I bet it was cuz of the crappy thompson DVD Drive tho I'll have a better drive tomorrowor so I'll give it a shot again but if that fails then XboxHDM is the way to go? Or should I just try a older recovery as I've read where some have had issues with newer recoveries, tho I should be able to format this hdd which is currently in NTFS Format at the moment but the recovery should wipe it and set it up for me right? Or does it need to be a certain format before the recovery disc can recongize it?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

GISJason

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »

Anyone?? Recovery doesn't work at all Gonna try with DVD-R next!!! I doubt XboxHDM will work either as I don't even need to LOCK the HDD, I got it formatted tho via a EvoX flashed Xbox and put all of the dash files / XDK files back on it in place then left it unlocked and it still doesn't boot in the Debug Kit?

GISJason

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »

Workin now!  tongue.gif

No help tho! Thx for nothin'  laugh.gif

Only showin 120GB tho But I'll figure it out I'm sure its gotta do w/ Bios or the partion formatting scheme!

This sucks ./

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 10:39:00 PM »

You can't format more than 120GB on a debug kit afaik. I have a 160GB hdd in my debug kit and I maxed out at 120GB. I spent a lot of time reading up on it. I never found that anyone has been able to get more than 120GB working on them.  sad.gif