xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Using Openxdk With Dev-c++  (Read 244 times)

parrotbait

• Archived User
Using Openxdk With Dev-c++
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 06:24:00 AM »

Hi all,
Small bit of a n00b here!
I've recently followed the tutorial here and got OpenXDK installed and hooked up to Dev-C++ ok.Its compiling ok to .xbe now and I'm currently delving into the APIs available. However as this whole thing is a project for a college we are going to be able to get out grubby little hands on renderWare and I'm interested to see how the renderWare will plug into OpenXDK(or vice versa). I know renderWare programs entirely using C(same as OpenXDK) but how does one compile the whole package to one big .xbe? Hoiw would Iuse models exported to renderWare from 3DS Max and reference to get the actual workings of the game? For example if our character shoots his gun renderWare does most of the physics right? How do we incorporate this with OpenXDK and tell our program that when our gamer presses 'x' shoot the gun and then run physics engine to see if the bullet hits anything?
I realise this OpenXDK topic has been dead for a while but we were assigned to make an XBox game and are unable to get the XDK so the only other option to us is to use OpenXDK.
Will be very grateful for any help!
Regards,
Eddie

ColdReader

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »

not sure but you could always PM d0wnlab and ask him he's the one that add's on to OXDK and makes the dashboard OpenBox i myself use the XDK cause i dont have to time to find work arounds to OpenXDK

d0wnlab

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 09:38:00 AM »

There is no 3d support that is usable in openxdk.

Your option if you want a game with 3d graphics is to render them all as 2d sprites and then blit them at the right time (so it's pre-rendered, akin to graphics of mid-90s..)

For learning how to deal with events, and stuff.. learn SDL.  http://www.libsdl.org.

Or just look at the Samples/ in the openXDK.

Ecrofirt

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 06:39:00 PM »

Sounds like you bit off more than you could chew before you researched to find out what you'd be able to do without problems.

master123467

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »

CODE

#include
#include

void(main) XBoxStartup()
{
debugPrint("hi there\n");
debugPrint("string=%s\n", "string");
debugPrint("number=%d\n", 123);
XSleep(10000);
XReboot();
}

and heres my error:

CODE

C:\Documents and Settings\master123467\Desktop\c++_projects\Makefile.win [Build Error]  [main.o] Error 1

hope u guys can help
edit:i fixed the first error now its just tht one

master123467

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2005, 07:53:00 PM »

CODE

Compiler: XBOX
Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\master123467\Desktop\c++_projects\Makefile.win"
Executing  make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\master123467\Desktop\c++_projects\Makefile.win" all
i386-pc-xbox-gcc main.o  -o "Project1.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -L"C:/cygwin/usr/local/openxdk/lib" -L"C:/cygwin/usr/local/openxdk/i386-pc-xbox/lib" -nostdlib -Wl,--file-alignment,0x20 -Wl,--section-alignment,0x20 -shared -Wl,--entry,_WinMainCRTStartup -Wl,--strip-all -lstdc++ -lSDL -lopenxdk -lhal -lc -lhal -lusb -lc -lxboxkrnl -mwindows  

'i386-pc-xbox-gcc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

make.exe: *** [Project1.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

IPB Image

hope u guys can help me

mokda

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »

Hi ColdReader.

Thanks for the tutorial.  I am still having problems however.

I get the following errors when I try to compile your example:
 C:\Dev-Cpp\XboxProj\main.o(.text+0x46) In function `XBoxStartup':
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `XSleep'
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `XReboot'

and so on for a bunch more functions.

I saw that a previous poster had problems as well even after a clean install.  I am running BSC++ 4.9.9.2 as well.  I was wondering what version you are using? Could this be part of the problem?

Also, probably just because this post was done a long time ago, but your pre-configured package link is dead.

Thanks in advance!

PS -To the poster above, you'll have to navigate to the gcc and g++ executables in the cygwin\bin folder.

house9

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »

still cant seem to get this 2 work... ive installed the newest devc++ version and all of the open xdk files and what not and still no good, can somebody send me a copy of their devc++ prog (w/ files) that has this included?? if not can sum 1 help me get this installed (ive been trying 4 like a month)

cricri_pingouin

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 01:52:00 AM »

I followed the instructions. First time, I had the same problem as the second poster, but reinstalling Dev C++ also fixed those.

Now, when I click the Compile button, I get that:

"linker input file unused because linking not done"

I Googled for it, and apparently it's only a warning. However, I don't seem to get a .EXE at all.
Am I doing something wrong?

I've got:
- CygWin, full installation in C:\cygwin
- OpenXDK in C:\cygwin\usr\local\openxdk
- Dev C++ v4.9.9.2 installed in C:\Dev-Cpp

All is configured as per the original post, but no cigar. any help would be appreciated, I wanted to try porting some SDL code (I've also got Lantus' SDLx lib, but it seems OpenXDK already contain them anyway).

mathy2007

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »

Hi, im just a noobie to alll o this, but could some one please help?

I am trying to set up my dev c++ with openxdk, all programs are installed but getting an error.
Error:
Compiler: XBOX
Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\Matty-Mo\My Documents\C++\Project1\Makefile.win"
Executing  make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\Matty-Mo\My Documents\C++\Project1\Makefile.win" all
i386-pc-xbox-g++ -c main.cpp -o main.o -I"C:/cygwin/usr/local/openxdk/i386-pc-xbox/include"  -I"C:/cygwin/usr/local/openxdk/include"  -I"C:/cygwin/usr/local/openxdk/include/SDL"  -I"C:/cygwin/usr/local/openxdk/bin"    -c -g -std=gnu99 -ffreestanding -nostdlib -fno-builtin -fno-exceptions -mno-cygwin -march=i386 -DENABLE_XBOX -DDISABLE_CDROM

'i386-pc-xbox-g++' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

make.exe: *** [main.o] Error 1
Execution terminated

copy of makefile.win:
# Project: Project1
# Makefile created by Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2

CPP  = i386-pc-xbox-g++
CC   = i386-pc-xbox-gcc **** .exe has been tried aswell ****
WINDRES = i386-pc-xbox-windres
RES  =
OBJ  = main.o $(RES)
LINKOBJ  = main.o $(RES)
LIBS =  -L"C:/cygwin/usr/local/openxdk/i386-pc-xbox/lib" -L"C:/cygwin/usr/local/openxdk/lib" -nostdlib -Wl,--file-alignment,0x20 -Wl,--section-alignment,0x20 -shared -Wl,--entry,_WinMainCRTStartup -Wl,--strip-all -lstdc++ -lSDL -lopenxdk -lhal -lc -lhal -lusb -lc -lxboxkrnl -mwindows  
INCS =  -I"C:/cygwin/usr/local/openxdk/i386-pc-xbox/include"  -I"C:/cygwin/usr/local/openxdk/include"  -I"C:/cygwin/usr/local/openxdk/include/SDL"
CXXINCS =  -I"C:/cygwin/usr/local/openxdk/i386-pc-xbox/include"  -I"C:/cygwin/usr/local/openxdk/include"  -I"C:/cygwin/usr/local/openxdk/include/SDL"  -I"C:/cygwin/usr/local/openxdk/bin"
BIN  = default.exe
CXXFLAGS = $(CXXINCS)   -c -g -std=gnu99 -ffreestanding -nostdlib -fno-builtin -fno-exceptions -mno-cygwin -march=i386 -DENABLE_XBOX -DDISABLE_CDROM
CFLAGS = $(INCS)   -c -g -std=gnu99 -ffreestanding -nostdlib -fno-builtin -fno-exceptions -mno-cygwin -march=i386 -DENABLE_XBOX -DDISABLE_CDROM
RM = rm -f

.PHONY: all all-before all-after clean clean-custom

all: all-before default.exe all-after

clean: clean-custom
   ${RM} $(OBJ) $(BIN)

$(BIN): $(OBJ)
   $(CPP) $(LINKOBJ) -o "default.exe" $(LIBS)

main.o: main.cpp
   $(CPP) -c main.cpp -o main.o $(CXXFLAGS)

Please some one help

Thanks
Mathy

Alistair23

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 12:03:00 AM »

I can't find the cygintl-3.dll. Where is it???
Pages: 1 [2]