xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Updating An Already Softmodded Xbox  (Read 884 times)

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Updating An Already Softmodded Xbox
« on: December 15, 2014, 06:35:00 AM »

The most obvious seeming solution if it is already softmodded is to use HeXEn or AID/SID burned to and either used from or installed from disc. They include everything you should need to update the softmod without having to use memory devices or find a copy of Splinter Cell (BTW easily available on any international Ebay/Amazon or similar web sites for under £5/7Euros) but..................

Romano2K

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 04:30:00 AM »

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 05:23:00 AM »

I don't think the mods here will like you including that link as that web site, which I do know ;), could be considered to contain links which may break this forum's strict TOS rules.

Romano2K

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »

I have to admit I wasn't aware of this rule. I wish I could remove it myself from my post, but I already read in another post on the forum that you couldn't edit a message after 15 min. So I'm sorry for this.

For sure it's quite difficult to find the "home" of Xbox tools and homebrews, things like an official website still running, or an official thread on a forum, with download links working. But I've been able to find what I was looking for so far, 10 years later, which isn't bad.

And you're right about the quoting, sorry for this too.

Anyway I've downloaded Hexen, I'm going to read the included text files and see if they make me confident to try something.

In the meantime would you be able to tell me in a few words why there are so many packages? Are they really different? Although Hexen looks to be the favorite on this forum.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »

HeXEn is/was always the most most recommended tool here mainly because it was the most up to date one when it was created. In particular the softmods it uses are/were considered the best that are/were made.