xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit 1.5?  (Read 145 times)

geve123

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5?
« on: April 10, 2005, 05:30:00 AM »

How can you be sure to have a Xbit 1.5? I want to use it into a Xbox 1.6 with adaptor but I am not sure the Xbit is a 1.5 version.
Can anybody help me? :( <

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 07:47:00 AM »

Xbit 1.5 feels cheeper, and doesnt have the Y and B next to the yellow and black connectors. <

geve123

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 06:47:00 AM »

It the once with LATTICE chip a version 1.0? <

Beyond

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5?
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 04:31:00 PM »

Silentscream,

Hi.  You seem to know alot about the XBIT.  I have a few questions.  How I do I know if I have the black and yellow connected correctly on the chip?  Also, if the screw hole to tighten the XBIT in is loose do I have to solder it in or is there another option?

Thanks in advance.

<

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5?
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »

If the black and yellow wires are connected proerly, then the LED should light (not too sure on this) just make sure that the wires are plugged in the same way as in this diagram:

(IMG:http://www.dms3.com/xbit/files/chips/Xbit_Install_Diagrams/Xbit_Pogopin_Install/xpogo5.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.dms3.com/xbit/files/chips/Xbit_Install_Diagrams/Xbit_Pogopin_Install/xpogo8.jpg)

It is the same for the 1.5, just there are no 'B' and 'Y' markers.

If your screw hole is messed up, then you could try the little trick i picked up back when I was scared to solder - put some bits of toothpick into the hole then screw the screw in and it should grip again. The alternative is to fill the hol with hot glue, screw it in whilst the glue is still molten, and hold the chip firmly to the board while the glue dries around the screw. Or just solder it :P

EDIT: geve123: if there are markers for the yellow and black wires 'Y' and 'B' like inn the pics i posted above then your chip is a 1.0 (if I remember right, then yes a lattice chip is a 1.0 but im not sure)

This post has been edited by Silentscream__: Apr 12 2005, 10:31 PM <

djgarf

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5?
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 02:54:00 PM »

the yellow and black markers are on the 1.5 xbits but some genius decided to put black letters on a black background so u have to look really hard to see it lol <

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5?
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 03:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(djgarf @ Apr 16 2005, 06:49 PM)
the yellow and black markers are on the 1.5 xbits but some genius decided to put black letters on a black background so u have to look really hard to see it lol

wow, i never noticed that before.. thanks for the correction though. Haha, some genius.. sounds like DMS3 <_< <

Beyond

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5?
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 09:36:00 PM »

Silentscream__,

Thanks for the advice bro.  I'll try that out tonight when I get home. <

Beyond

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5?
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »

Silentscream__,

Just wanna let you know that your toothpick idea worked.  Thanks for the help. <