xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Extra Ribbon Cable, Need Advice  (Read 112 times)

Demonslyr

• Archived User
Extra Ribbon Cable, Need Advice
« on: March 27, 2005, 10:17:00 PM »

When i got me x-bit v1.5 chip i opened up my box and followed the no solder tutorial but as i was reassembling my xbox i noticed a ribbon cable that looked exactly like the cable from the xbox cd drive to the mother board( the small yellow one not the wide gray one) except that it has a red and a black wire that comes off the mother board plug and hooks into a port on my chip that also isnt shown in any of the tutorials. if you need a pic of the cord i might be able to get a pic up.
any info on this mysterious ribbon would be greatly appreciated <

kenmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 12:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(Demonslyr @ Mar 27 2005, 07:12 PM)
When i got me x-bit v1.5 chip i opened up my box and followed the no solder tutorial but as i was reassembling my xbox i noticed a ribbon cable that looked exactly like the cable from the xbox cd drive to the mother board( the small yellow one not the wide gray one) except that it has a red and a black wire that comes off the mother board plug and hooks into a port on my chip that also isnt shown in any of the tutorials. if you need a pic of the cord i might be able to get a pic up.
any info on this mysterious ribbon would be greatly appreciated

I think that cable is for XBOX V1.5.  In order for the modchip to get power you need to plug that in on the modchip (only in XBOX V1.5) <

irfan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »

yes on 1.5 boxes you connect the end with the yellow/red/black to the DVD cable slot on the motherboard, then the yellow bundle goes to the DVD drive the red/black connector to the chip. <