xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.0 Or 1.5  (Read 91 times)

xdownfor20

• Archived User
1.0 Or 1.5
« on: December 26, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »

I am attempting to install an x-bit on a version 1.6 (going to be fun but am up for the challenge). I have a few questions.

1.I beleive I have read on an x-bit version 1.5 will work.  HOW CAN I TELL IF THE X-BIT I HAVE IS A VERSION 1.5? Does the version 1.0 and 1.5 look different?

2.On the bottom LPC rebuild, should I connect the LFRAME jumper from LPC to LPC  like Team exodus suggest (easier) or to the other point on the board like on the DMS rebuild pic?

3. Do I really need the 1.6 adapter for the x-bit?

4. I am going to use the wire solder method for connection.  If I do not need the adapter, after the LPC rebuild do just solder the wires to the LPC points like a standard (non 1.6) install?

I have been doing boxes for a while, but this is my first 1.6 and seem to be getting some conflicting information.  Any and all help will be GREATLY appreciated.

dijital-jb

• Archived User
1.0 Or 1.5
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 09:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(xdownfor20 @ Dec 27 2004, 07:31 AM)
I am attempting to install an x-bit on a version 1.6 (going to be fun but am up for the challenge). I have a few questions.

1.I beleive I have read on an x-bit version 1.5 will work.  HOW CAN I TELL IF THE X-BIT I HAVE IS A VERSION 1.5? Does the version 1.0 and 1.5 look different?

from what i have gleemed from forums, the v1.5 differs in that it comes without the write-protect tab attached, but don't hold me to that