xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Want To Flash My X Bit  (Read 286 times)

Miketike2

• Archived User
Want To Flash My X Bit
« on: December 03, 2004, 06:30:00 PM »

my first time useing a mod chip and i love playing my halo 2 online lol. well i have a few concerns, i do not want to get kicked from xbox live and i want to be able to do some of thoes things with my chip i have the flash software but i dont know what to do to flash it or where to get stuff to flash it with and if so give me a few good tips on sum stuff thankx also i need a description on how i turn the x bit on and off so it does not mess up my xbox live.

JKD

• Archived User
Want To Flash My X Bit
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 03:15:00 AM »

On the external part of the x-bit there are 4 dip switchs to turn the chip off just set it to
1=off 2=off 3=off 4=on.

To flash your chip connect your x-bit using the supplied usb lead to your pc, obtain a hacked bios, Xecuter 4983.06 works well especially if your going on live, (this bios has good live blocking features) run the x-bit software on your pc select the correct size bank for your bios and flash.

There seems to be a huge problem with the x-bit software and different types of usb chipsets on pc's if the software locks up on you try a friends pc.

Might be a good idea to download the dip switch settings for the different banks.

http://www.dms3.com/...s_selection.htm

Hope this helps.

cool.gif  biggrin.gif  cool.gif

Miketike2

• Archived User
Want To Flash My X Bit
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 08:24:00 PM »

thanks alot i have another question i have searched all day, i have finally gotton the evolution x software and the evox m8 bios if i flash my chip with it and do the dashboard will i be able to burn the games to my HD and also is there a way to select the dashboards in the HD so i can switch back and forth without it comming up whe i turn on the xbox becaus ei heard that live reads the xboxdash. not evoxdash and if it reads it i will get banned?

also is Xecuter 4983.06 a illagal bios if so umm... ya also i have version 1.0 of xbox : ) lol

This post has been edited by Miketike2: Dec 6 2004, 04:36 AM

JKD

• Archived User
Want To Flash My X Bit
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 02:37:00 AM »

If you want to play games off your hdd you must upgrade it, the retail hdd is no good for doing this as you can only fit two small games on it after the os.

The M8 bios will boot your xbox straight to evox when your chip is on, when your chip is off your xbox will boot to the M$ dashboard.

If xbox live detects any other bios loaded in to memory other than the retail bios while conneted to there service you will be banned in 48 hours without question.

Be aware that this bios(M8) has no live blocking features and will not stop a game connecting to live by itself (live aware games). Find  xecuter 4983.06 it is much better and safer for live users.

All bios's that are not the xbox retail bios are hacked (illegal) bios's. (including M8).

Miketike2

• Archived User
Want To Flash My X Bit
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 05:44:00 AM »

ty1 more thing  looked everywhere for xecuter 4983.06 and cannot find it? also whill xecuter 4983.06  load the evo dashboard when chip is on, also in the M8 folder there were to M8 1 was M8 other was M8_16 ? anyone know what it could be i loaded the reg M8 to my chip also if i am asking alot of questions it is because i have not put my modchip in yet because my xbox is being modded so hophelly tonight or tomorrow i can pop that bad boy in.

also the hard drive i have in the xbox now is 8 Gb? arent games like 2500 MB or so? if not tell me the size of the games when they are uploaded to the HD also what bios do i use to do the hdd h#ck

This post has been edited by Miketike2: Dec 6 2004, 01:50 PM

JKD

• Archived User
Want To Flash My X Bit
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 05:57:00 AM »

Yes the 4983.06 bios will load evox dashboard when the chip is on.

(Default) 4983.06 =

1st  D\ default.xbe
2nd  C\ evoxdash.xbe
3rd   C\ msdash.xbe

You can use the tool that comes with the 4983.06 bios to change the sequence to what ever you like.

M8_16 is for use on the 1.6 version xbox.
M8 is for use on the 1.0-1.5 version xbox's.

You have the retail 8GB hdd correct.
When the drive is partitioned (c,d,e,x,y,z) c holds the sytem files, d is the dvdrom, e is for game saves and x y and z are cache's. After this you are left with just under 2gb of room on the e partition, so you can just hold  2 SMALL GAMES.
Like i said if you want to play games off your hdd you must UPGRADE to a larger one and partition it with a F or F &G (depending on the size on the hdd) and store your games, apps, emus etc etc... on there.

What hdd hack are you talking about ?

Hope this helps.

Miketike2

• Archived User
Want To Flash My X Bit
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 12:57:00 PM »

the hard drive h#ck lol also can i use a 120 GB Maxtor hard drive? because my dad ordered 1 cause his brother stole my 80 GB harddrive also woudl ya know where to get the Xecuter 4983.06 <-- i dident wana really ask : ( lol also what the difference between

1st D\ default.xbe
2nd C\ evoxdash.xbe
3rd C\ msdash.xbe

and which has to load so i dont get banned off LIVE!

Miketike2

• Archived User
Want To Flash My X Bit
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 01:23:00 PM »

for sum reason it would not let me edit my post, i just foudn out about the marriage thingy when u sign up for xbox live ur serial number in ur HD gets sent to them and if it changes u get banned, well i was wondering what if i bought a external harddrive? could that work i could connect 2 hard drives and use a back up for games and use the regular for stuff? also do u have a email address or AIM so maby we can chat about things lol cause you seem to know alot and i congrulate you on that, i just dont wana lose my live cause i just got it 2 weeks ago and i still have 11 1/2 months left lol

JKD

• Archived User
Want To Flash My X Bit
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

When upgrading your hdd you must have one that is lockable if you wish to fit it internaly, if it cant be locked then you cant boot to the m$ dashboard using the retail bios,that means NO LIVE.

There is a list some where in these forums of all/most of the lockable and unlockable drives.

The 1st, 2nd and 3rd is the order the bios looks for the different dashboards. In this case the 1st place it will look is the dvd rom and try to find an default.xbe file then run it, if it cant find one it will then look for evoxdash.xbe and launch evolution x dashboard and if it cant find that it will look for msdash.xbe and launch the m$ dashboard

To make sure you dont get banned from live all you have to do is make sure your xbox boots and connects to live using the RETAIL bios. And to do that all you have to do is make sure your chip is off. You dont have to change anything in the bios sequence as this bios wont be active when connecting to live.

The only thing M$ care about on live is the BIOS.

As for hooking up an external hdd to the xbox it can be done but i have no experience with that i'm afraid.

4983 www.xbox-tr*be.com

Hope this helps.

Miketike2

• Archived User
Want To Flash My X Bit
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 03:22:00 PM »

thankx man ur the best : ) ill keep you updated on how its going i should be putting the xbox back together tonight

Miketike2

• Archived User
Want To Flash My X Bit
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »

figured sumttin out, just finished painting my case and i have to let it sit 1 hour near heat ? lol now i want to get a 120 GB hard drive that is lockable made by maxtor, now about this locking thing if i lock it cant xbox live still detect that i have modded my xbox? is there a way to copy ur hard drive key and change it to the new drive? just curious i have no problems with my mod ship i can now turn it off thankx to you,but i want to make sure i can do the hard drive correctaly.

JKD

• Archived User
Want To Flash My X Bit
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2004, 04:31:00 PM »

Before installing a new hdd make a complete backup of your C & E partitions.

Grab yourself a copy of slayers auto-installer 2.5/2.6 and burn it to disk,make sure mod chip is switched on, take out your retail hdd , insert the 120gb hdd, boot up the xbox with the disk inside dvd-rom, select format new large hdd, once that is finished select install evo x, then install configmagic. Then use configmagic to lock the drive, ftp across to the xbox your backed up C & E partitions.

Job done !!

The ONLY security check that m$ do on live is to make sure you are using the retail bios, they do not sacn hdd's, log IP's, mac address's, serial numbers or anything else.

Hope this helps.

Miketike2

• Archived User
Want To Flash My X Bit
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »

can you give me the sites i can get thoes programs off of and how do i do it in more specific details : ) because im getting my Hard Drive this wendsday,

Grab yourself a copy of slayers auto-installer 2.5/2.6 and burn it to disk,make sure mod chip is switched on

make this more specific how do i burn it i also have nero and i still need to install the mod chip and evolution and is m$ dash the origional dash that loads up all the time? also i found the xcuter bios can i have the M8 and xcuter bios on the same chip in different bios.

This post has been edited by Miketike2: Dec 7 2004, 01:27 AM

Miketike2

• Archived User
Want To Flash My X Bit
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2004, 10:01:00 PM »

dam man sumttin is wrong it suppose to be a solder less chip but i followed the pogo pin instructions but my board is not like that it has solder there and i do not want to remove the solder nore do i want to wire it even thought my xbox came with it, i did the installation and my chip is on a slant is there a way i can maby desolder it with a braid? please give me sum tips caus eim kinda pissed i wanted to get my whole xbox put together tonight also i fixed my problem on the front ejecter board i kinda messed up the leds and now i cant solder leds to it so what i did was take 3 leds with wire and resistor and connected it to the hard drive power red wire and black wire i now have a blue eject button and have 2 leds for my emblem : ) but about the mod chip : ( what do i do !

Miketike2

• Archived User
Want To Flash My X Bit
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »

ok i took the solder away now i have holes in every single one but the problem is still that the chips tilts when i screw it in? what am i doing wrong!
Pages: [1] 2