xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Adaptor For 1.6 - A Big Rofl  (Read 124 times)

MixIt

• Archived User
Adaptor For 1.6 - A Big Rofl
« on: November 23, 2004, 05:22:00 AM »

I have installed my 1.5-Chip on my 1.6-Box without that adaptor a few weeks ago. So please tell me what advantage I get from using that adaptor - and having paid for additional stuff? I still have to solder - so did I before. I still have to rebuild the LPC - so did I before.

Take a look at my previous thread: 1.5 on 1.6 - works great. Additional, I now have Evox installed, am able to network with my PC, have unlocked F and - because I have a Seagate in my XBox - some GB more diskspace for free.

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 11:41:00 AM »

The adaptor just makes the LPC rebuild cleaner, so that you dont have wires hanging loose from the bottom of your mobo. If you order xbit from divineo uk, you get the 1.6 adaptor free. BTW, where do you connect the d0 wire on the chip? do you need the wire adaptor that came with the chip?

This post has been edited by Silentscream__: Nov 24 2004, 07:42 PM

MixIt

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 02:14:00 AM »

As far as I remember, I connected D0 as it is described for rebuilding the LPC. I think I soldered a wire to one of those grounding points.
I don't know if that new adaptor is a big hit - with the way I did the installation, there's virtually no chance of doing anything wrong, the chip is screwed tightly to the board. The only thing I don't like is the extra board outside - for me there is no need in it, I guess I will remove it. Will just have a LED which shows me that the chip is still working. I don't need to switch of the chip - which is impossible with my method, btw - because I don't use XBL.

angrykid

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 08:23:00 AM »

MixIt : what was your method for soldering in the modchip without the 1.6 adaptor... which diagram did you follow for that? just the regular one for 1.5?
I have no problem soldering or doing the LPC rebuild on the reverse side... just to clarify to myself it is 5 points that need to be re-routed right?...not 4, but 5 ?
the last mod I installed was an x2 in my friends xbox and a matrix in my own, now my friend at work bought this xbit thing to install in an xbox we're putting together for his son's xmas gift, gonna spice it up w/ a 250gig HDD also.... he ordered the 1.6 adaptor because it didnt come w/ the chip [thanks a lot divineo, NOT] and now they're saying it might take 3 weeks to get here... dont think we have that kinda time til xmas day ; )
anywho, any helpful hints as to your method used would be awesome...
also which d0 point did you ground on yours, I'm still researching around on this 1.6... I've only modded 1.0's and 1.3's, dunno how different this one is.
later`

hamzter

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »

None of the supposed D0 points on the 1.6 Xbox werks...

Anyone know where it is on the top or bottom side?  Can someone post a pic...

PLEASE.....

MixIt

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 02:33:00 PM »

Just take the diagrams which are provided on DMS website. I soldered D0 to one of the grounding points near the LPC, can't switch the chip off with that method, but as I don't use XBL, I saw no need for that.

hamzter

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »

forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean?  where is D0 located?

angrykid

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2004, 03:12:00 PM »

yea, so the guy that was soldering in the chip....not me, he wanted to do it himself... his hand was shaking the whole time I thought he'd fuck it up...but hey its his.... and aparently he fucked the d0 solder point thats right at the corner of the square xbox chip.... are there any alternate d0 points on the 1.6 board, possibly on the bottom side?...
thanks

MixIt

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 04:39:00 AM »

If you read my first post, there is a link to one of my other threads. Here's a cite of that: "I followed the installation guide from "kmob007" which works fine for me."

So now switch on brain01, use left- and righthand V1.3 and type "kmob007" in the search field (filter by member name). With some luck you will find kmob007's guide.
But I am a nice guy, I did that already for you, here's the link:
kmob007's guide

You will find anything described there, so no need to ask questions which are already asked 1000 times before...

angrykid

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 05:21:00 AM »

I post here not because I'm lazy and dont feel like searching for the answer.....but I post here as an alternate in case I'm unable to find the answer I seek... I have read kmob007's guide multiple times..... and I have gone out & found other chip manufacturers guides & diagrams...  I see there are at least 2 d0 points supposedly on the 1.6 xbox, I hope they're right... and I hope I can rig this chip into working .... hopefully the ONLY thing wrong w/ it is bad connection, and that the guy soldering it.... doesnt fuck it up completely