xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xecuter 2.0 Pro Fcc Ribbon Cable.  (Read 87 times)

Darthkaf

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.0 Pro Fcc Ribbon Cable.
« on: January 17, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

I'm not very technical, so I wouldn't know for sure what's happened to my mod chip.

I had noticed over the last couple of months that the xbox had at times been loading the MS dashboard, and upon tampering a bit with the ribbon cable connected to the external adapter the problem would be solved.

Recently I had opened up my xbox to look into some rumbling noise coming from the dvd-rom drive. Once I was done inspecting the drive, I hooked up the xbox again to test it out. Like before, it was loading the MS dashboard, and so I tampered a bit with the ribbon cable of the xecuter and it started reading 'xecuter 2" under the xbox logo and loading evolution x upon rebooting the system. However, after I closed it up, I was again having a similar problem, but this time it took a lot of moving about of the ribbon cable to get the xecuter -> evolution x bios running. Finally it just stopped working altogether, now all I get is the MS dashboard.

Taking all that into consideration, I strongly believe that the fcc ribbon cable has been damaged and is the cause behind the xecuter notnot functioning and as a result loading up the evolution x bios.(if any of you think differently, let me know).

My question(s)...
Is it possible to replace or repair the fcc ribbon cable? and if so.. how much would it cost?
Would I also be requiring some specific length and type of cable(like some specific number of pins)?

I would really appreciate some help, as I my self lack the technical insight to act upon.

This post has been edited by Darthkaf: Jan 17 2004, 06:51 PM

IKAnash

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 07:15:00 AM »

i'd like some informations about that too. somebody can answer to this?

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 07:22:00 AM »

IKAnash

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 09:05:00 AM »

thx alot.