xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Trouble With Pogo Pin Install, Need Help  (Read 102 times)

airpig

• Archived User
Trouble With Pogo Pin Install, Need Help
« on: August 03, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »

I have installed the Xbit chip using the online manuals, but when i start it up, i still get the MS logo.  Unlike the recent post by attacmonkey, the light never comes on on the chip, could this be a bad chip or what?

airpig

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 03:22:00 PM »

ive scraped away the do point and now my xbox just tries to start up three times and then flashes green/red. is my xbox ruined now?

ColKurtz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 10:45:00 PM »

Your FRAG may actually be good news, indicating your chip is installed.  If you switch it to stealth mode, does it boot?  If so, it's good news.  If not, remove the chip.  If it continues to FRAG after removal you have bigger problems.  

FRAG with no video usually indicates bad/missing bios.  Double-check your jumpers.  Many people assume the "top" bios in a particular bios format is bank#1 but it's the opposite.  Valid bios banks for format6 (4x256MB, 2x512MB), for example, should be slot#3 - 6. Banks 1 and 2 are for 512MB bioses, which yours should not be unless you resized it.

airpig

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 12:18:00 AM »

ive got bigger problems, it frags without the chip in there.  Is there anyway i can fix this? or maybe send it somewhere? thanks for the reply.

ColKurtz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 12:35:00 AM »

You probably need to repair the trace.  I've never done it so I can't really offer any advice.  Search the noob and general HW forums for posts on the subject.

Alternatively, you might be able to solder the chip to the alternate D0 point - on the bottom of the mobo.