xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Anyone Tried X-bit And V1.6 Yet?  (Read 731 times)

kmob007

• Archived User
Anyone Tried X-bit And V1.6 Yet?
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (Jahkda @ Sep 13 2004, 12:37 AM)
I done everything like Kmob007 and it's work but i can't solder the D0 in the place shows in the PDF. I don't know why but the soldering can't stand... I cheat with a piece fixed with some scotch but i want to solder it...

I think you're ok with just taping the wire that's connected to the DO like you have it now.  As long as it makes good connection with the frame of the screw hole and it stays there permanently, you should be ok.

joebob2000

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2004, 02:37:00 PM »

I just got a 1.6 box and a 1.0 xbit to go with it, and followed the guides here as closely as possible.  Unfortunately, I havent been able to get anywhere with this setup.  i flashed the M8_16 bios to the xbit fine, set the switches, and got it all together.  I did the lpc rebuild according to the xenium install guide, and per the info in this thread i didnt solder any other wires.  I did the 5 wires on the bottom of the mobo, and then the d0 as shown on the top point next to the xyclops chip grounded to that nearest screw hole.  I also tried the bottom board d0 point shown in the other pdf linked here, with no success at all.  After getting it all together the box frags :-(   The light on the xbit switchboard never comes on which i think its supposed to.  Any ideas what i can do to track down this problem?  Thanks!

FOLLOW UP

sorry for the head scratching guys, the problem was with the chip itself as it turns out.  After checking everything else, i realized that the pinheader pin #1 didnt go to the pogo pin1 or the wire lead pin 1.  To remedy this i simply plugged the wire lead in, ran the one wire to the back and soldered it to the pin directly and voila, it works!  Anyone heard of an xbit showing this problem?  Im sure it would largely go unnoticed since so few people do pinheader installs.

soysauce86

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2004, 12:46:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

kmob007

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

yes, take out pin #4.  If you're not sure which one that is, is the pin that would be going into hole #4 (positioned diagnoled from hole #1-square frame).

kmob007

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2004, 11:44:00 PM »

People Still wondering about the XBIT and Xbox 1.6v?

kmob007

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »

Thanks, I'll edit it right now.

Edit: I tried editing my previous post (Tutorail) but the edit button doesn't show up.  Hopefull people will read your post above B16RDP, and remember to place the switches correctly.

herb1

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2004, 06:45:00 AM »

sad.gif

is the following adapter needed vor the pinheader-method or only for the wire-method:

picture of the xbit-adapter

thanks!

starbug

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2004, 07:45:00 AM »

blink.gif

If anyone else has found some other little trick, please let me know.

TIA

Starbug  beerchug.gif

starbug

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2005, 09:10:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

Thanks again,

starbug  beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]