xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: What Is The Deal With The U.s.b. Cable  (Read 358 times)

thegame3000

• Archived User
What Is The Deal With The U.s.b. Cable
« on: May 23, 2004, 09:29:00 PM »

ok heres my problem. i have ordered 4 chips from divineo 2 have worked and 2 havent because when you hook up the u.s.b cable to the chip to the computer the light doesnt come on. now if you move it around it flickers btw that is the problem it seems like this perticular chip is buggy.i know its not the u.s.b. cable cause i have like 4 of them.and tried all of them.i seen somewere that somebody said that if you put the chip in the x-box that it will give it enoughf power to load the bios.but i already tried that.and it didnt work.but there is a history also this is a chip that i already sent back paid 15 dollars for overnight delivery and it got here 2 weeks later.and this one is doing the same damn thing its a little frustrating espically thinking they got over on me once.and espically if you doing it for a friend and they are wondering wtf is going on.so i e- mailed them and my response comes tomorrow.i know other people have probab <_< ly had this problem because i read it.in here this site is veary good at responding to things .i just think that divineo are a little shady. because the other 2 chips took like 15 minutes to do.no problems at all i just dont want to fool around with a defacted chip.and fry my motherboard that would suck some people have done that so ill post tomorrow and let youngs.no how thing are going.any help would greatly be appreciated.      <_<  :blink:   :angry:

generaltso88

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »

learn some grammar.

drfunk

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »

<  try to connect the usb to computer with it installed to xbox with power on and a/v cables in?   worked for me!

general: that was a dumb a@@ remark... not helpful whatsoever!!

thegame3000

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »

sorry about my grammer i dropped out of school in the 9 grade. im dammed near illeterate. but i can read. ph34r.gif

thegame3000

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 06:46:00 PM »

muhaha.gif  ok i got my response and it wasn't much help. He said that the chances of us getting a defective chip two times in a row were about 10,000 to 1. He said the either the problem was on my end or that I had the worst luck in the world. I replyed to his reply as soon as I got it. I told him the bad luck wasn't going to cover this one and that I need my new chip sent back to me asap. I also said that there was no way in hell I was going to pay for overnight shipping for the third time. He needs to pay for this crap because its his fault and here I am waiting for whats going on a month and a half now for a chip. Please has anyone else had this problem. I've tried everything. I am running win ME and I have installed alot of chips with no issues. I am not a newbe and I am not a fucktard. I know my shit. I just need alittle help here because I have never had this issue before. I thank you guys for your input. please let me know if you have had this problem or other problems with divineo. and by the way, slick willey didn't do anything to it.

thegame3000

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »

maybe slick willy did do something to it. i ordered these from canada and really having a bad experience with them. it sucks that i had to pay for overnight 2. and he is saying that it is basicaly my fault. which isnt fair at all. but i guess that is what the better business bueraue is for one way are i will get my chip are my money back divineo in canada suckes. i wouldnt recomend going throug them. well i sent another e-mail should get it today. i reply what he says.

c187

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 05:14:00 AM »

Well to make sure it isn't the chips I would do this.

With the two that hate you. Make sure that the wires Y & B are in the right place and tight. Then connect to PC. If nothing, heres what I would do next. Take a Y & B from a good chipset and use it on the two that hate you. Then plug them in USB and if it works, you know it is the wires. Contact your seller and tell him. He could just mail you the wires for like dollar or two in shipping.

If the chips still hate you, and they just might cuz QC sucks ass at most of these places. Tell him that you have tried everything, and it is his resposiblity to replace things that don't work. If he is in Canada, there are some nice laws on your side. As well as trade laws that are on your side. Which I'll let you look up if you ever feel the need to go to that.

In any case next time you might what to try out. modchip.com or one of there sister sites. There UK baised and I have't had a problem with them yet.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 09:36:00 AM »

Even with the flicker it could still be a problem with the PC itself.

There are a whole slew of things that can cause this.

The first thing you should do however is plug the chip into another computer to check before you blame the chip, the seller or anyone else.

Heck if possible try it on a couple of systems, then post your results.

thegame3000

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 03:45:00 PM »

:uhh:  got my reply back today not good says to use windows 98 that is not the problem. as i have said this computer has done 2 already.

thegame3000

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 03:48:00 PM »

and thanks c 187 i might need you in this matter. because i think this guy is playing around.

thegame3000

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 09:53:00 AM »

ok c187 this guy wants to play hardball tell me what i can do. he wants me to send the chip back to him and then send me one back again.he wants me to send overnight who does this guy think he is. i am not a chump but he did chump me once already. any help would greatly be apperciated. grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  muhaha.gif

opjose

• Archived User

thegame3000

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2004, 12:46:00 PM »

opjose i have tried everthing there is to try and came to the conclusion its just abad chip. thats all there is to it the first one i got was bad and this one he sent back is bad. why he would want to do this is beyond me. but it seems like he is going to lose a customer which is stupid on his part. because i always ship overnight delivery and the whole nine yards i sent him and e-mail that should devinetly get his attetion. and buy the way c- 187 were are you i need a little help with this situation. maybe a few words would scare this guy a little bit. and then maybe he could get his head out of his ass.and not treat customers like this. :evil:   and yes im still pissed.

thegame3000

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2004, 08:23:00 PM »

c-187 i need your help.this guy really wants to play hard.

Spectre51

• Recovered User
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2004, 08:51:00 AM »

When I went to flash the bios on my chip the othe day at home I had the same issue.  The light on the chip would be on but halfway through writing it would go off and the writing would stop.  Tried all the different USB ports on my desktop computer and it still happened.  Grabbed my laptop and it worked like a champ on the laptop USB port.  Not sure why but if you have access to a laptop you may want to try flashing it on that instead.
Pages: [1] 2 3