xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Personal Xbit Review  (Read 149 times)

13Black

• Archived User
Personal Xbit Review
« on: October 07, 2003, 01:12:00 AM »

Hey

It probably wont be much use to everyone but i thought i'd write a little overall review of my XBIT.

DELIVERY

I ordered my XBIT from Divineo, on Friday. They are obviously in the Uk, and i am in Australia. It arrived today (Tuesday). That in itself is worth a 5* rating to me, as that was only the weekend for postage. The downside is, i wasn't overly impressed with the packaging. It was in a static bag, inside a small padded postal bag. Even a couple of cardboard peices in the bag would of been good, if not a small bix to start with. It worked out fine however.

INSTALLATION

Took all of about 25mins. I spent that extra few mins, making sure EVERY pogopin was in place correctly. Closed up the box, loaded up the software, formatted the BIOS (does take a while as well as writing!) and then flashed the M7 and Evox 4978 BIOS'. both booted and worked like a charm. No problems, No issues. Enable stealth mode (mod switched off) and booted directly to MS dash.

OVERALL

Great!! i cant stress how easy, and how a great overall impression i have of this chip. If anyone is considering it, GET ONE! i've installed a matrix, X1, and an X2.2Pro now, and nothing has been this simple and easy to use. The USB lashing is a dream, and makes selecting and flashing new BIOS's so easy and user freindly.

9.8/10

docrock

• Archived User
Personal Xbit Review
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 01:47:00 AM »

Delivery: biggrin.gif

I ordered mine on Firday and got it on Tesday as well but I am in Honolulu, Hawaii.

I will second the 5 rating.

Install: biggrin.gif
also easy as stated I formated mine externally off the workbench before sticking it in my Xbox. I have XP and was a little worried about the stuff i had seen about xbit and xp. My whitebox computer with intel board worked w/o a hitch.

Bios: uhh.gif
Now I am lost I have never had a mod chip and don't know where to begin. I am off to do my reasearch as to what and how to put stuff in my box. bit otherwise it is a peice of cake.

Any suggestions or help links offered will be appreciated.
rolleyes.gif

moistness

• Archived User
Personal Xbit Review
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 03:11:00 AM »

do a search for "the usual places"

Sign of Satan

• Archived User
Personal Xbit Review
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2003, 03:11:00 AM »

Everything you need is in xbox-scene. Just go to the tutorial section and spend some time. Non downloadable bios' can be found by searching but I can't tell you where, that is up to you ( I recommend Evox M7 bios, very good).