xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Modded Xbox Reboots Continuously  (Read 79 times)

Trevante

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Reboots Continuously
« on: January 14, 2004, 11:53:00 PM »

dry.gif

well lets use a lil logic to solve this problem. It seems in the other thread, we established that the 4977 bios doesn't work for your xbox, and you have to use one of the newer bioses.

Now if the 4977 won't work, why do u think anything that came out before it will work? those bioses are really old and don't work for your xbox. Go get the 4980 bios or the evox m7 bios.

Big Booger

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 12:49:00 AM »

It didn't work.  I think i am going to toss my Xbox in the trash.
biggrin.gif

umdkklam

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 04:10:00 AM »

You need to get the Enigmah Video Selector CD and boot into that.  It will allow you to change your xbox output standard back to NTSC-M from NTSC-J (hitting the 'B' button when the enigmah screen comes up).

I had the same problem when somehow I mistakenly changed my video mode and my xbox went into the reboot loop.  It seems that EvolutionX crashed and restarts if the selected XBOX video mode does not match your TV video mode.  I used the Enigmah CD and it fixed it right away.  Hope this helps.

Big Booger

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 11:26:00 PM »

Well now I have a really farked problem.

I got the programmer and programmed it with the latest Cromwell 2.28 dev.    That worked fine.  I even saw scrolling video on a 1.5 box with a 2.3b lite + modchip.

Now I installed 2 different BIOSes.

I have fiddled with the chip, got the greenlight and the two blue.  But when the green light stays solid, it restarts 2 times and the FRAGS on the 3rd boot.  

I am totally lost as to what I should be doing to fix this.

Any clues?  remember this is a solderless solution and I want to keep it that way.  It's like the chip cannot get enough power or something..

But if I move the chip a millimeter so that the green LED flashes when you turn it on, and turn it off.. then it will boot the chip, and Restart on the X2 LOGO..

I HATE MY XBOX and CHIP!!!

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 12:20:00 AM »

make sure your chip is properly aligned.

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 12:47:00 AM »

You shall use a CD with evox on it. Then copy evoxdash.xbe onto C: drive or sth. And about the chip; I dont know how does the lights in X2.3 work, so... tongue.gif. Boot your Xb of a CD. IMO the problem is caused by fails in the evox.ini file. Using a CD helped me many times to rescue rebooting X.

Mmmm... Yeah, and listen to Trevantes advice smile.gif. Cause you can do nothing with the CD if your box is fragging tongue.gif.

SigTom

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2004, 01:24:00 AM »

Well, if your chip is on there, and it FRAGS, I believe one thing you should look at is the LPC connections.  I BELIEVE that when your box frags, it means d0 is ok, your chips is making a good connection with it, but not on the LPC points.  Get a needle, and CAREFULLY scratch all the LPC points where the chip touches em.  After that, clean it gently with some rubbing alcohol as well.  I didnt read thru yer old posts, as I have work in 20 mins, but if this has already been tried and failed, I apologize.

Big Booger

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 03:05:00 AM »

Well I sort of stopped it from fragging.  Now what it does is boots to the Xbox Logo with the word MS underneath.  Then it restarts.  

The funny thing is that Cromwell on bank 2 boots properly.. now tell me, how can Cromwell boot and perform perfectly, yet any BIOS other than Cromwell goes to restart continually?

This is extremely frustrating.