xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 98

Author Topic: Xboxhdm For Dummies  (Read 27301 times)

okayama

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2004, 02:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (kingroach @ Jul 20 2004, 05:54 PM)

added how to clone hd in the tutorial. I used xboxhd in primary master, cd-rom in primary slave and new hd in secondery mastre and secondery slave empty.

I tried the same setup, but I keep getting "Invalid Choice" every time I select that option. Come to find out, about half the options are saying that now. I didn't use to give me that response.

kingroach

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2004, 02:54:00 PM »

is your new hd unlocked?

okayama

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2004, 04:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (kingroach @ Jul 20 2004, 09:57 PM)
is your new hd unlocked?

Yes, I'm a moron. I totaly forgot to unlock the hd. Clone hd working now, but I do have another question. I have an original 8gig stock hd I unlocked a year ago and formatted for my PC. I'm wanting to use that one as a backup drive "strickly MS hd, no exploits" for when I decide to renew my xbox live sub. I figured I should use it for  something instead of it collecting dust in my PC. Every time I finish option building from scratch and formatting C and E, I go to lock the drive and it keeps telling my "Device is not ready"

ldots

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2004, 04:53:00 PM »

Look at the "Final tips" section in the xboxhdm thread (1st link in my sig). Your drive is probably freeze locked.

gronne

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »

I just don't get it. Don't you have to hotswap when using xboxhdm? Or is that what you're doing in the picture where the xbox and pc is?
You must do it when cloning a hdd at least, right?  

YoshiKool

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2004, 09:10:00 AM »

If your HDD is exploited - then you can get your eeprom from it via configmagic\evox and FTP and put it on an xboxhdm disc. So then there is no need to hotswap - Xboxhdm can figure out the password for itself using your eeprom.

gronne

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2004, 10:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (YoshiKool @ Jul 24 2004, 05:13 PM)
If your HDD is exploited

You refer to the hdd that's already in the box, right? Not the one I'm gonna switch it to?

In the xbox I've got an exploit running on a 20gb hdd, and I've taken the eeprom to my pc. Now I've bought a 160gb I'll replace it with. Don't I have to use the xbox at all to get the new hdd running? That seems very easy. Am I right about this?

total_ass

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2004, 10:37:00 AM »

no, as a matter of fact the xbox is not required to get your new hard drive running, hotswapping is not necessary at all. Providing you have your eeprom and hard drive backed up to your pc, your pc is all you need biggrin.gif

kingroach

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2004, 10:41:00 AM »

if u have ur xbox eeprom.bin then u can prepare new hd without xboxhd, xboxhdm calculates and unlock the hd from eeprom.

u will only need to hotswap if u dont have ur xbox's eeprom so then xboxhdm cannt unlock the hd.

gronne

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »

WOW. Did ldot come up with this idea by his own?

Anyways, if I follow this guide and put slayers 4920 files in c:\ the xbox will then appear as a new xbox without an exploit right? BTW, don't you have to put anything in E:\?

Or can I change the files so it will be loaded with an exploit right away?

This seems very good.

kingroach

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2004, 03:53:00 PM »

ya the hd will appear as a regular unexploited hd, u can autometically install UDE with xboxhdm, in the first page there is a link for ldots UDE for xboxhdm topic. if u follows that thread u can install UDE from xboxhdm so it will be exploited.

Ouellette

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2004, 05:30:00 PM »

I am tring to format my f:\ drive through xboxhdm.
In the tut it says to get all files from c:\ in slayers package. and that I need to put them on the xboxhdm cd.

What do I do If my box is already modded by using UDE2, I wouldn't want to copy over my c:\ drive with an exploit that is outdated.

Also, will xboxhdm work with 1.6 K:5838 D:5659?

Thanks

kingroach

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2004, 05:39:00 PM »

xboxhdm doesnt depend on ur kernel or dash version. if u want to just format the F:\ drive then u dont need slayers disk. just make the iso without slayers C:\ drive files, you only need ur eeprom.bin in the eeprom directory. just boot xboxhdm and then unlock ur hd then format F:\ drive by option "4" after ur format then lock the hd. you dont have to do anything else.

batman00

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2004, 09:07:00 PM »

i cant find the eeprom where is it located cant find it?

This post has been edited by batman00: Jul 25 2004, 04:08 AM

kingroach

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2004, 09:20:00 PM »

it should be in the C:\backup folder if u used evox to backup ur eeprom.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 98