xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98]

Author Topic: Xboxhdm For Dummies  (Read 27313 times)

huan

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #1455 on: May 10, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »

Sorry for so many posts...

I managed to get my original hdd running again with xboxhdm and a hotswap, leading me to believe I had the correct C files all along.  Must be the drive or the adapter, then.  I've ordered 3 new adapters and hopefully one will work.

Thanks everyone for your posts!  Even though I still haven't gotten the new hdd running yet, I still appreciate everyone for taking the time to help me troubleshoot these issues! biggrin.gif

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #1456 on: May 12, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(huan @ May 11 2011, 11:22 AM) View Post

I managed to get my original hdd running again with xboxhdm and a hotswap, leading me to believe I had the correct C files all along.  Must be the drive or the adapter, then.  I've ordered 3 new adapters and hopefully one will work.

I had the same conclusion a few posts back. Try a different adapter when they arrive.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #1457 on: December 08, 2011, 09:06:00 AM »

How do you have your hard drive and cd rom connecterd?
not mounted is usualy because the cd is not where the program expects it to be..

the hard disk drive needs to be set to master and connected to primary ide channel1.
And the cd rom needs to be set to slave and connected to primary ide channel 2. (the same ide port)

Or you can have the hard disk set as master connected to primary ide channel one.
and the cd set as master connected to the secondary ide channesl one (2 diferent ide ports)

also its a good idea to populate the linux C and E folders with stock files for C and E taken from the Hexen cd. unless you are doing this to soft mod.

kingroach

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #1458 on: December 10, 2011, 12:32:00 AM »

are you hot swapping it right?..looks like the hard drive is still locked.

huan

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #1459 on: January 24, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »

I'm trying to clone my original xbox hdd to a 2tb WDEARS hdd.

I plugged in both the new hdd and xbox hdd into my pc and used xboxhdm, choosing option 1.  Then I chose option 3 to clone.  The new drive was detected, but the xbox drive was not.  When I chose hdb, where the xbox drive should have been, the tool quit because it didn't find the drive.

I powered off, went back in under option 4, and typed atapwd to see if the xbox drive was there.  It was, appearing locked.  I assumed the drive must be unlocked to clone it, so I tried typing in the password in my backup hddinfo.txt file in the "Unlock with User Password" option.  Rejected by drive.

I powered off, went back in under option 4, and typed unlockx.  The drive doesn't appear here, either.

Does the xbox drive need to be unlocked in order to clone it to a new hdd?  If so, how can I unlock the drive?  I have the eeprom file and the hdd key.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #1460 on: January 24, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »

Of course it has to be unlocked - if it's locked then xboxhdm can't read the contents. dry.gif

xboxhdm - option 3 and type unlockhd -a

huan

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #1461 on: January 24, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »

Thanks!  I forgot to say I tried option 3 as well, but unlockhd -a only results in unlocking the new hdd.  With only the xbox hdd plugged in, unlockhd -a does nothing because it won't recognize the hdd.  I've also tried plugging in the ide cable after xboxhdm loads, and I've tried all jumper settings.

kingroach

• Archived User
Xboxhdm For Dummies
« Reply #1462 on: January 24, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »

For unlockhd -a to work; make sure you have the eeprom in eeprom folder..Otherwise; you can also unlock with unlockhd -p "PASSWORD"

You can also hotswap the xbox harddrive, then power the new hard drive with computer and clone.

However, to avoid data corruption ( since you will be using a 2TB drive); its better to backup the contents of original hard drive in your computer. Then build a new harddrive from scratch and lock it using eeprom. Then format the hard drive again with "xbox partition tool" using 64KB sector size. Then copy back everything.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98]