xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Pbl-lite. The Fast Barebones Version.  (Read 662 times)

uberx

• Archived User
Pbl-lite. The Fast Barebones Version.
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »

Fuck all that, I got it to work after replacing the boot.cfg with my old one.  You may want to edit your instuctions to include a better description of the boot.cfg. I thought I only needed to have those three lines, so i pressed enter after the RC4Key was done and after both eeproms and I also deleted the timout. That was the problem. I am now just using my old boot.cfg from 1.4.1 PBl. Thanks for the great addition to PBL! Now it is freaking speedy!

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2004, 12:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (uberx @ Jul 4 2004, 09:08 PM)
You may want to edit your instuctions to include a better description of the boot.cfg. I thought I only needed to have those three lines

It clearly says you need four lines. You most have left something out or made a typo.

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2004, 01:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (PedrosPad @ Jul 4 2004, 09:11 PM)
Another good contribution to the scene guys (ldots & Tomilius)  beerchug.gif

Thanx Pedro.

Credit goes to Tomilius for initiating the PBL modding. I just jumped on the wagon and started looking at the PBL code when I stumbled upon his thread tongue.gif
Will be interresting to see what features you end up with Tomilius smile.gif

violent_bong

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2004, 06:05:00 PM »

I sure hope there is a good reason Tomilius! j/k good luck with whatever you're doing...
And good work both og you on all this development!

Mate98

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2004, 10:52:00 PM »

hi
well done on the hacked phonix bios loader i havent used it yet, just hav a few things to say and ask,
if u made a lite version and ur thinking of making a fat version u hav to call it the Phat version its slang for good
now im thinking of getting a 300gb hdd is there any limit to the size of the hdd from the bios nowerdays
i know it used to be 120gb but then new bios come out so u could go over that, is there a limit?
il be using ur hard drive builder as well =)  with th eold phonix bios loader i could reset games from within a
game by pressing the black and back buttons but then i updated to the newest version and i couldnt this is all
with the UDE exploit by the way with ur bios loader will i be able to reset again? it would be good as il be
playing most of my games from the hdd now.
Thanks for any help and thanks for all u hav done for the scene =)

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2004, 12:31:00 AM »

jester.gif  

I belive my config file may be messed up.. I always have massive headaches with these uhh.gif  normally I stick with the one included in Mordens package as amazingly it works with everything smile.gif

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2004, 01:02:00 AM »

@ Mate98
There is a limit to addressing the HDD but with lba48 its not 300 Gb. It's a lot more (TB). Some tools might have problems using such big HDD's (no support for G: etc.) but it's not a bios limit.
Edit : The IGR function is not really PBL related. That's a feature provided by the bios you load. If you had an X2 bios before and IGR didn't work it could be a conflict with Evox IGR. Turn that off and use the bios IGR or the other way around.
IGR should definitely work using an X2 bios with PBL-Lite.
BTW. I plan to update the UDE package for xboxhdm soon, so that it has most of the features of the memcard installer

@ MuDDAFuQA
Be sure your exploit uses the habibi key. Then :
- Replace the default.xbe
- Copy the xboxrom.bin to the same dir. as the default.xbe
- using your old boot.cfg should work.

@ mkjones
Did you try to just use you old boot.cfg. Even if it has options not supported by PBL-Lite it should work. Just for testing I put in a line of rubbish and it still bootet. Of course the RC4 and eeprom keys must be OK and RomFile point to the correct bios.

devz3ro

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2004, 05:49:00 PM »

smile.gif.

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2004, 10:44:00 PM »

@ knight_of_flowers
Sure you can just resign the default.xbe with xbedump. As I said in the root post I would recommend you to run this PBL as an app first and be sure it works before booting it directly from the audio hack.

Thanx for the pin devz3ro and congratz to Angerwound and Pedro. I'm sure you will be doing a good job.

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (devz3ro @ Jul 6 2004, 02:49 AM)
P.S. Angerwound & Pedrospad should be joining our mod team very shortly smile.gif.

Well done chaps  beerchug.gif  

IMO the 2 people that deserve it got the posts  beerchug.gif

Especially with there contributions in recent months  beerchug.gif

P.S. Still have not tested it yet, but it seems using Mordens old config file should work... Will report back soon.....

Musashi

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2004, 05:31:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

total_ass

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2004, 07:52:00 AM »

just installed lite man, wicked acheivement. you have done a lot of things for a lot of people, and i think i speak for everyone when i say that you are the master. i bet MS want you dead lol.

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2004, 08:11:00 AM »

Yep, just had some time to install PBL Lite, definately an improvement. I suggest everyone just use their old boot.cfg's. I edited mine to the four lines and got stuck on a black screen. When I through my old one back in it worked just fine. Thanks for the hard work ldots.

total_ass

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2004, 10:17:00 AM »

ALL HAIL LDOTS! HE IS OUR GOD!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7