xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Best Of Both Worlds - Running Fonts & Audio  (Read 605 times)

krayzie

• Archived User
Best Of Both Worlds - Running Fonts & Audio
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2004, 09:11:00 AM »

there are also scripts around for renaming fonts and st.db in evo-x. Do some searching.

digisatman

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2004, 09:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (mkjones @ Mar 31 2004, 09:09 AM)

Well, to me a "Package" is something that is a little easier to instal!

I guess I could create a C and E folder and Zip them up, as long as Morden and Catfish are ok with it..

We will see I suppose  beerchug.gif

hi,

so, if you do this, then all ya we n00bs need to do is copy the folder over?

many thanks

SupremeHolyness

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »

got everything working but 2 questions

1. why is my music still not showing up?
2. When i turn on my xbox instead of going to the dashboard it rebbots again then goes to the dashboard.

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2004, 12:34:00 AM »

So what your saying is that everytime before you power off you will take and click the "change" button on a dashboard to change from the fonts hack to an audio hack... then the next time you use it the very first time you boot the audio hack youll click the "change" again to put the font hack back into place?

You would only do this on rare occations when you know you are "un-plugging" your xbox from the mains. OR want to get back XBOX LIVE on your dash.

Doing it everytime would just be silly  jester.gif

there are also scripts around for renaming fonts and st.db in evo-x. Do some searching.

Yes, if you dont like MXM then you could look into doing this. But IMO MXM is great smile.gif

so, if you do this, then all ya we n00bs need to do is copy the folder over?

OK, I will get it ready and see if I can get it on xbins or something, anyone know the story with something like this? I dont really want to host it on my site.

1. why is my music still not showing up?
2. When i turn on my xbox instead of going to the dashboard it rebbots again then goes to the dashboard.

1: Do you have music on your xbox? Have you ripped any in the past?

If so and its not showing up the ST.DB file you have may be "stuck" in its hacked state. I had this problem a while ago, I had to FTP the music folder completely delete the ST.DB and ST.or (not the ST.hk) re-boot and re-rip an audio CD.

This wil make a FRESH ST.DB file, however any old songs will not be on this sad.gif just delete the .wma files from the folders in the music folder and start again.

I think this happens when you use Mordens "re-install hacked ST.DB" file at the wrong time or something? It was a mystery? But that sorted it..

2. Are you sure about this? As long as it boots whats the problem smile.gif I think the fonts cause this, sometimes my xbox seems to take longer to boot.

Hope this helps  beerchug.gif

SupremeHolyness

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2004, 02:11:00 AM »

i checked my music folder and there is no st.db file. only st.hk  do i have to start all over?

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2004, 02:42:00 AM »

i checked my music folder and there is no st.db file. only st.hk do i have to start all over?

Thats good smile.gif simply rip an audio CD, any CD will do and the xbox will "make" you a new clean UNHACKED one smile.gif

This will then be saved as ST.or when you turn the fonts OFF and the audio ON.

and when you turn it back, it will be renamed to ST.DB and your audio will come back smile.gif

Also, you never said if you had ripped songs before? If so, im sorry sad.gif they wont be in the new file BUT they will still be on your xbox as .wma files, check the folders on the music dir...

ALSO, now you can rip audio use this tool

Xbox Soundtrack Editor
http://johny6killa.h...rack_editor.htm

its great smile.gif

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2004, 10:01:00 AM »

I got "failed call actionscript error line 1", too, and it was because I didn't have an st.or in the music folder. I made one, put it in and now it works. Thanks alot, this is great!

Mordens package makes one, if you followed the steps it SHOULD have worked?

Unless Mordens ONLY makes one if you run the gamestub? hmmm?

I will look into this, anyone else with problems, post them!

Xboxhakur_band

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2004, 10:51:00 PM »

I have modified the originals to point to E:\pbl\p.
This was done to encourage the use of the stable swapless audio exploit (included with the fonts).
Copy E:\pbl\p.xbe to E:\pbl\p

They come in mechinstaller format or decompressed for FTP install.
http://forums.maxcon...12183#post12183

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2004, 11:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xboxhakur_band @ Apr 2 2004, 08:51 AM)
I have modified the originals to point to E:\pbl\p.
This was done to encourage the use of the stable swapless audio exploit (included with the fonts).
Copy E:\pbl\p.xbe to E:\pbl\p

They come in mechinstaller format or decompressed for FTP install.
http://forums.maxcon...12183#post12183

Thank you!!

I will update the tutorial with new links to the new files and cut out that bit about copying the PBL folder smile.gif

NOTE: Users still have to rename the P.xbe file to simply P with no file extension. I reccomend they leave both files in place as Mordens v3 still relies on this file.

beerchug.gif

dcnigma

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2004, 06:57:00 AM »

wou i have this setup running sins Mordens v3 came out butt you made a nice tutorial
had some dont use the actionscript i just use evox menu and some custom code

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2004, 07:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (dropek @ Apr 2 2004, 02:51 PM)
you made an installer for this yet?

I am working on a simple one with C and E folders, as long as you have FTP access it should be ok, you see the fonts uncompressed do not fit on a memory card sad.gif

Would something like this be ok for everyone?

EDIT: OK, I have been thinking of the best way to do this, may work on it this weekend.

I have 2 options:

Option 1: - you will need MA
Package together Mordens v3 and the new Catfish Merge file.

I could even hack Mordens package a little so it uses the new more stable ST.DB and installs PBL as simply "P" without the file extension, I would probably use PBL 1.4 as well for the 1.5 people out there.

Also, I would place a link to the font swapper script in the menu.xml

This would then mean you would have to:

Get gamesave onto HD.
Install Mordens > FTP Upload fonts & script > re-boot > boot Mordens, switch on Fonts > Reboot. The end.

Option 2: - you just need FTP access
Simple instructions on where to place all the files.

Basically 2 folders one called C one called E with MXM/PBL/The ST.DB in E and the fonts in C.

Then again, this may be the best option for everyone. It would just mean FTPing all the files in manualy.

blink.gif  Good idea? I think option 2 would be the best for everyone as its simple and I dont have to hack Mordens work smile.gif It is after all very complex stuff!

Wooger

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2004, 08:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (mkjones @ Apr 2 2004, 05:33 PM)
I am working on a simple one with C and E folders, as long as you have FTP access it should be ok, you see the fonts uncompressed do not fit on a memory card sad.gif

Would something like this be ok for everyone?

EDIT: OK, I have been thinking of the best way to do this, may work on it this weekend.

I have 2 options:

Option 1: - you will need MA
Package together Mordens v3 and the new Catfish Merge file.

I could even hack Mordens package a little so it uses the new more stable ST.DB and installs PBL as simply "P" without the file extension, I would probably use PBL 1.4 as well for the 1.5 people out there.

Also, I would place a link to the font swapper script in the menu.xml

This would then mean you would have to:

Get gamesave onto HD.
Install Mordens > FTP Upload fonts & script > re-boot > boot Mordens, switch on Fonts > Reboot. The end.

Option 2: - you just need FTP access
Simple instructions on where to place all the files.

Basically 2 folders one called C one called E with MXM/PBL/The ST.DB in E and the fonts in C.

Then again, this may be the best option for everyone. It would just mean FTPing all the files in manualy.

blink.gif  Good idea? I think option 2 would be the best for everyone as its simple and I dont have to hack Mordens work smile.gif It is after all very complex stuff!

Maybe I should adapt my upcoming package installer to include this (or adapt the script since the mech fonts i use have the xft extensions).  

But I do have 1 question.... in the middle of the script when it "turns-off" the fonts and copies the audio hack back in OR when it "turns-on" the fonts and disables the audio hack why are you doing delete's and copies instead of renames?
(Not a big deal just curious why)

Wooger

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2004, 08:39:00 AM »

Maybe I should adapt my upcoming package installer to include this (or adapt the script since the mech fonts i use have the xft extensions).

What fonts are they?? How do you turn them on or off?

Anyhow smile.gif sounds good..

doing delete's and copies instead of renames?
(Not a big deal just curious why)

I see no need for there to be 3 versions of the audio file when all you need are a hacked one and the origional in place... So I delete the hacked ST.DB and rename the .hk one to .db whenever you want the audio hack to come back smile.gif

Wooger

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2004, 08:43:00 AM »

What fonts are they?? How do you turn them on or off?

Anyhow smile.gif sounds good..

Same fonts (from catfish's post on maxconsole) just hex edited to use the xft extension instead of bak extension as well as the paths to were the app installs software onto the xbox.

I see no need for there to be 3 versions of the audio file when all you need are a hacked one and the origional in place... So I delete the hacked ST.DB and rename the .hk one to .db whenever you want the audio hack to come back smile.gif

Why would you need 3?  It would work just like the fonts.  You have a st.db and a st.hk (when off) and then when you click on it renames the st.db to st.or and then renames the st.hk to st.db

No 3rd wheel there?

Wooger   biggrin.gif

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2004, 08:52:00 AM »

smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4