xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Crimson Skies And Now Xiii  (Read 640 times)

digitalman42

• Archived User
Crimson Skies And Now Xiii
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2003, 09:22:00 AM »

actually I think it says some games dont crash now that did before.

Atreyu

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2003, 11:03:00 PM »

Haruno: i suggest you do some more research and testing before you make a claim like that. it is 'well known' that some games will not run with PBL exploit. Hopefully these things will be fixed in the near future.. but i haven't seen a lot of development from PBL lately.. does anyone know if they are still doing stuff? or are we having to see if there just a lucky bios that might come out to fix it?

ar_156

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2003, 04:58:00 AM »

I tested Crimson Skies with 4817 Bios (EvoxD6), it only works the first level; with 4977 Bios it doesn't boot neither with 4979.06.

Interesting is Medal of Honor Rising Sun only worked with 4977, and Matrix only with 4817, but now both work with 4979.06 Bios.

Keep going on Bioses testing...

xboxwannabe

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2003, 09:40:00 AM »

omg !! morons this entire post was about games not running of exploits not mod chips.. please im sick of those with mod chips saying " i can run it " this is the dashboard exploit forum not modchip

i tried 4979bfm still hangs just after the opening intro ... the guy who said it worked on this bios could you tell me which font/ver xbox you have ???

any 1 else manage to get xiii or crimson skies working with PBL /fonts ???

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2003, 09:46:00 AM »

yes, i am playing xii right now with reloaded fonts(or bigfonts, not sure),ava, pbl1.3.5 and 4979bfm

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2003, 05:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (digitalman42 @ Nov 27 2003, 09:40 AM)
yeah but isn't the 4979 better? or no?

I couldnt load the training missions in counter strike until i started using 4979, so i guess youd say its better.

Mad_Gouki

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2003, 06:11:00 PM »

im playing xiii as we speak, it needs a fixed xbe... stop talking out your ass dude.
if you want to put down the exploit, keep it out of here.  the exploit is pertty much as good as the chip, but people like you want to keep saying its shit...

and yes, i am using phoenix bios loader (if you cant figure out which one im using, look towards my sig... if you till dont get it, click), and yes, pbl gives you every feature of a modchip... so like i said, stop talking out your ass.  i usually try to be nice, but the ignorance of some people just infuriates me (not just you xboxwanabe... others too)

dragor

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2003, 01:25:00 AM »

i couldn't get crimson skies to work either.
but then again i couldn't get ETM to work either.

burnt them on to DVD and both are working.
i know this doesn't help those without dvd writers.

i wonder if anyone has tried this with the M7 bios??
I know i havent and i've been using the 4977 that i used initially when audio exploiting my xbox.

death trap

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2003, 02:31:00 AM »

Use the new dvd2xbox to patch the xbe's.  Both games run fine after that.
setup:
audio pbl 1.3 x2 4977.  
Me thinks a new media check is on the lose!

bbjk

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2003, 11:41:00 AM »

it's probably depend on your retail bios and most likely dashboard version and kernel too...

like my true crime froze everytime in the intro screen while other can get it boot with the same expliot that i'm using...

bbjk

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2003, 01:11:00 PM »

hmm... so the expliot method do have some restrictions... biggrin.gifs...

death trap

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2003, 12:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (xboxwannabe @ Nov 30 2003, 09:10 PM)
just tried with crimson skies with DVD2XBOX still the same hangs on loading next level ,you sure you got crimson skies working ??

yep it works fine i used the original pal version to dump it onto my xbox, it plays every time.  ive not tryed it from a dvd-r yet

xiii works fine from hdd + dvd-r.

xbox 1.1
smasung dvd
maxtor 40g
pbl 1.3 audio hack
x2 4977 bfm

pbl 1.3.5 is more trouble than its worth, only use it if you have one of the bugs that it fixes.

digitalman42

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2003, 10:24:00 AM »

Hmm so in order to play this game with my softmodded xbox I have to use the audio hack, meaning I have to bootup and hit all kinds of stupid stuff on my gamepad?? is there a way to do a multi boot? I dont wanna have to hit ten things to bootup every time.  im confused, is there a non hassle way to do this?

jokerbird

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2003, 11:25:00 AM »

jeez - sign this, sign that.  what a waste.  Read Read Read.  I have run into only one game that would not work with the softmod exploits some crappy Matrix game - it used file naming conventions that were too long for the xbox file system - patched it, and it worked. However this did not fix the games suckiness, it still sucks.

As long as your Phoenix Bios loader is signed and proper rc4 key, you DO NOT NEED TO SIGN XBE'S.  This is the easiest way - use a signed copy of PBL. then no more habibi or the like

Some games do lock up and do not load.  You will be amazed at what turning off in game reset does for you. Also be smart and use a BFM BIOS that has the media check flag built into it.

digitalman42

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2003, 09:42:00 PM »

joker crimson skies doesn't work with PBL period.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5