xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Matrix & Xbox Live  (Read 360 times)

SmokingSB

• Archived User
Matrix & Xbox Live
« on: March 21, 2004, 09:51:00 AM »

Hello,

I have a matrix chip, evox dash and want to play xbox live.  My understanding is that there is a way to do this using the eject button, but you have to put the xbox to mode 3 first??  How is that done (i.e. do I gotta open my box?).  I've also seen some stuff about using a without eject fix bios...not sure what that means.  Just trying to get all the answers in one spot.

shanafan

• Archived User
Matrix & Xbox Live
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 12:56:00 PM »

For those of you with the Matrix, you will set your Matrix in mode 3. How mode 3 works is, your flashed BIOS will load when the XBox is powered on. This means the modchip is on, and you can check that by looking inside the Xbox at the modchip and it will have a green LED. But, for those who want a nice, put together Xbox, I recommend getting a BIOS that is a colormod. So, when your Xbox boots, your Xbox logo will be blue for example meaning the modchip is on.

DO NOT USE THE NEW X2 4977 BIOS AND NEWER. WHEN YOU HIT THE EJECT BUTTON TO BOOT WITH THE MODCHIP OFF, THE SYSTEM WILL NOT REBOOT. USE THE X2 4976.02 BIOS INSTEAD

So, you are now at your EvolutionX dash or MS dash with the modchip on. You will then run a game (an original or a backup) or even a homebrewed program, and when the game is running, press the big eject button. Your Xbox will reboot and the original BIOS will load. The normal green Xbox logo will show and this means the modchip is off. Also, the modchip will now show the red LED.

SmokingSB

• Archived User
Matrix & Xbox Live
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 01:27:00 PM »

1) So how do I put my matrix in mode 3??  

2) How do I get the new bios on my xbox??

No_Remorse_666

• Archived User
Matrix & Xbox Live
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »

Read the Matrix user manual. You will need to put it in mode 4 to flash the new bios to the matrix from evox dash. after that put the Matrix in mode 3 to use the
eject trick to turn the chip off.

FTP the bios to the C:\bios  folder on the xbox hd.

This post has been edited by No_Remorse_666 on Mar 24 2004, 02:16 AM

mike96sc2

• Archived User
Matrix & Xbox Live
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

at the risk of sounding dumb is there an option standalone with the matrix where the eject will boot the original bios and the power will boot the modded? i saw where it said to use original then eject but i thought this was how it went before, i could and probably am wrong though

photoman

• Archived User
Matrix & Xbox Live
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 11:27:00 AM »

just solder a set of external on/off switches to the chip. Check the tutorial page, there are a couple explainations there on how to do it. It'll cost ya $5 in supplies from Radio Shack. I left the LEDs off, and just remember what the switches do. Plus I have a red booting bios for my Matrix and the standard MS one when the chip is off.

mike96sc2

• Archived User
Matrix & Xbox Live
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 11:37:00 AM »

Not really into the soldering switch idea, maybe I will just do it with the eject option, it'll still work, thanks for the idea though

Scoopy

• Archived User
Matrix & Xbox Live
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

I have 4977, will that bios that was mentioned earlier work as well when backing up games.  I had to upgrade from my other bios because I couldn't back up games anymore without a lot of editing.  Will the backups work as well with the older bios because I want to use live badly though, esp when halo 2 comes out  :)

This post has been edited by Scoopy on Apr 6 2004, 12:47 AM