xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Update Bios W/out Losing Games  (Read 265 times)

ronaldo0501

• Archived User
Update Bios W/out Losing Games
« on: March 14, 2005, 05:31:00 PM »

I have a 250 gb HDD, X-Chip, Xecuter2.  I am wondering if it is possible to upgrade my bios with a new one and not lose all of the data on my HDD?  If so how can I do it?  

What the deal is when I modded my box I only had a bios that allowed 150 gb hdd, I now have a new bios that allows the use of my full 250 gb hdd and I want to upgrade the bios without losing all of my stored backup games.

Thanks.

Ronaldo0501 <

christineyoung

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 07:42:00 PM »

From my understanding..anyone correct me if wrong.

But if you formated installed drive with OLD lba support you cannot just add space to harddrive.  You will loose data, if you try and format install G drive.

Now if you have room on PC, you can unlock drive and connect to IDE cable an dtransfer all file syou wnat and then put back and reformat with the proper biso loaded.  Then reconnect back to PC and transfer files back over. <

ronaldo0501

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 11:36:00 AM »

Thanks for the input.  I may have to do you suggestion. <

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »

If your F drive is only 137GB, then you can switch to a .67 bios (uses F and G drive), format a G drive, and your F drive should remain intact. <

ronaldo0501

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 05:54:00 PM »

Can anybody point me in any way to the "Usual Places" where I can find a bios .67?? <