xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Softmod Stopped Working After Xbox Was Unplugged  (Read 793 times)

Koitsu

• Archived User
Softmod Stopped Working After Xbox Was Unplugged
« on: June 24, 2013, 04:33:00 AM »

Not my xbox. I have no clue which softmod it was, only that it would boot the softmod if the xbox was turned on with the eject button. The light would also switch to orange.

Normally, it was turned on with the power button, after which the light would switch to red, and xbmc would immediately boot.

It was fine until my friend brought it to someone else's house, where the date and time needed to be set because it had been unplugged. The xbox wouldn't even make it to the date and time until about 20 minutes, before that, it would just go to the error (12 or 16) screen. Once my friend was able to set the date and time, he could boot xbmc like normal, but once he brought it back home, he never made it past the error screen. It just stopped working for him.

The disc tray opens, but it won't read discs before going to the error screen. I have a chipped xbox. Is there any way I can use a Hexen or Ndure disc on his locked HDD...on my xbox, and put his HDD back to his xbox without locking it to my xbox? Or, of course, anything else to get his xbox back to the way it was?

Koitsu

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 02:38:00 AM »

I guess it's only been a day. But what I really want to know is can I hotswap or hook up his locked HDD to my pc without unlocking it, or if I have to unlock it, will I be able to use it again on his xbox before locking it? No real point in messing with it at all if I can't put it back.

SPPV

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 01:11:00 AM »

Thats a dash boot failure. First try cold-booting an installer disc. If that fails then unplug the DVD to force E12 and hotswap it to a PC and rebuild it using an HDM disc.

Koitsu

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 07:23:00 AM »

I thought it would give error 12 once the DVD drive was unplugged (error 16 when it was plugged in), but it was error 11. I think they're similar, but hooking it up to the PC didn't help without completely formatting it, which I wasn't ready to do. Deleting the C drive and restoring it through the PC didn't work, either.

But since my own xbox is modded, I was able to swap EIDE cables and restore the Seagate's C drive through my xbox using Slayer's disc. I'll have to softmod it again myself (as it only boots to the m$ dash), but it shouldn't be a problem. The gamesave exploits are still in there, and all I need to do now is pick up an AUF disc.