xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Uninstall Softmod With Upgraded Hdd?  (Read 242 times)

cliffyboro

• Archived User
Uninstall Softmod With Upgraded Hdd?
« on: July 30, 2012, 06:35:00 AM »

Just wondering, is.it safe.to.uninstall a soft mod on an Xbox with an upgraded hdd? I was goin to use the.method of ftp'ing the original dash back over to  c:/ and delete everything on e except tdata and udata.

Will the original dash no that its not the original hdd?

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 07:38:00 AM »

What are you trying to do? Why uninstall the softmod? Are you going to install a chip or tsop flash?

cliffyboro

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »

Basically, my Xbox will not play any games apart from home brew. Won't play retail discs or games on hdd. Also the original Ms dash will not boot. I wanna just go back to stock and start again. But will having a larger hard drive in mess it up?

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 05:54:00 PM »

you could do that BUT...

i would recomend you find and download Hexen "heimdalls xbox engineering disk"
burn that to dvd-r at 4x or slower then boot your xbox with that..

PERSONALLY (this 1st step isnt needed technically)

I would delete the conetnts of C: using the file explorer in hexen.
then i would go to D:\stockfiles\c and copy all the files in there to your xbox's c drive.
(do not restart reboot, or turn off your xbox after you have deleted files from C)

then
(these are the steps that are actually needed for sure, but id do the 1st part my self as im prety over the top like that)
go to soft mod tools. and do a 1 click softmod install..
"i recomend kraysies 1.1.1 one click install"  and the SC explot from the subsiquent list (pal or ntsc you get the option chose the one for your xbox)

just say ok to what it says and it will take you to a new screen after a while.
1st click on back up eeprom..  (it will take you to a new window again) say back up eeprom (it will say backing up smile.gif ) when the "backingup smile.gif " text diaapears you can tell it to return to previous menu.. there is only 1 option with the word menu in it so thats the one you use...

next it will take you back yto a previous window, and then you would chose. Basic install unleash-x, say ok to what it tells you. Then let it do its thing..

It will tell you to power off the xbox and remove the hexen dvd. "so do that"
when you turn your xbox back on it will tell you to press A.. (do that too) It will then turn off your xbox..

when you turn it back on it will be modded will have a shaddow c: you wilol have unleash x as your main dash. and a link to the ms dash, and the option to change dash to evo x if you prefer that..

By doing it this way you will have "in 1 hit" returned your stock files to a un modified state, then re modified them properly with minimal hassle and stress..

Again il just state for the record..
you dont have to delete then replace the contents of c because hexen should replace the stock files on c.. But personaly i do it manually, then i know 100% for sure they were the stock files when i started.

cliffyboro

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »

Excellent reply!! I'm downloading the disc right now and I'll follow your instructions exactly.

Will report back once done to let you know how it went!

Thanks again!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

cliffyboro

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 10:53:00 AM »

Well, I tried the disc. Black screen on boot.  Also found a HDD version and tried that. Also got black screen on launching the default.xbe

What a pain in the arse this is turning out to be  jester.gif

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 12:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(cliffyboro @ Aug 1 2012, 05:53 PM) View Post

Well, I tried the disc. Black screen on boot.  Also found a HDD version and tried that. Also got black screen on launching the default.xbe

What a pain in the arse this is turning out to be  jester.gif

just wait lol..
takes quite a while to fully boot with hexen..

i would definatly wairt a few mins.

watch the light on the front of your xbox when you boot with hexen dvd..
it should go red, If it does just wait..
if it does any diiferent light patterns then you may want to re burn the disk..

but yeah Black screen on boot is normal.. Just wait it out