xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Turn Off Chip To Play Live  (Read 245 times)

kasserole

• Archived User
How To Turn Off Chip To Play Live
« on: October 06, 2004, 11:18:00 PM »

I wanted to know if there is any other way to turn off the x-chip besides unhooking it from the xbox, or making a switch.

M$xbox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 12:10:00 AM »

you turn off the xchip by routing buttons to it's off switch more commonly the EJECT button is used... you press the eject button and the xbox turns on withouth the x-chip support

[email protected]

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 07:18:00 AM »

to do that.. you need to use xcontorl and right click on the bank u want to add it to. and right click to select "eject"

kasserole

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 10:27:00 PM »

So if i press the eject button the system turns on without the chip, but if i press the power button it turns on with the chip right. Also when my chip is on do i have to unplug my xbox from the modem, or is there a way to stop the live dashboard from popping up and automatically connecting you to live?

Grilf

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »

The way to turn off the chip is to boot the onboard original tsop BIOS.

This can be done by mapping a button(usually Eject) in x-control or in Evox 1.1.

About your 2nd question; no you do not have to unconnect anything, just enable the Live Blocker in Evox 1.1 (asuming you are using this)

cravavr3

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 08:10:00 AM »

To help you verify if eject is working.  power off xbox, now press eject button. The tray will not eject and you will see normal MS intro screen. Or a customer service error screen.

If you see the customer service screen, means your harddrive is not locked, to lock when you power xbox with power press start button to ender Evox 1.1 menu and goto tools and select lock harddrive.  Now is a good time to also, backup eeprom on same screen.