xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Having Issues With Xchip Power Need Help Please!  (Read 276 times)

boognish523

• Archived User
Having Issues With Xchip Power Need Help Please!
« on: October 06, 2004, 02:31:00 PM »

I have an xchip installed on a 1.0 . . .updated to evox 1.1 for xchip. . . everything works fine when the usb is plugged in to my computer.  when it is not, the chip gets no power.  any suggestions?????

cravavr3

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 02:49:00 PM »

Contact eb2k regharding this issue, as you may have a wrong solderless adapter.

boognish523

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 02:55:00 PM »

I ordered the non solderless adapter. . .(chip only). . . soldered a wire from the d0 on the chip to the d0 on the board. . . does that connection also provide power?  could the chip work plugged in usb w/o the d0 being properly soldered?  when i first connected it the website said I would get a red led. . did not get the led until i hooked up the usb to the computer. ..

have talked with eb2k a couple of times. . .told me to come here. . :)

cravavr3

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 03:03:00 PM »

Sounds like you are not getting 5V from xbox.

Do you have pin #6 on LPC port soldered?

boognish523

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 03:21:00 PM »

the only thing i soldered was the d0 to the corresponding d0 on the chip. . . had to suck the solder out of the spot for the pin header (v. 1.0), and was under the impression that was all i needed to connect.  i couldn't find any manuals or help with the solder kit on the 1.0. . . .do i need to solder some other points, and if so, the chip will work w/o them if the usb is connected to the pc?

i appreciate your time, eb2k has already closed for the day . . .

cravavr3

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 04:07:00 PM »

Ok, the pin header you installed on the LPC port, did you remove 1 or two pins????

If 1 means you are getting 5V from xbox motherboard, if you removed two pins means you are not getting power from xbox motherboard.

boognish523

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

I removed only one pin, the one that was blocked on the 1.0 mother board. . . solder sucked all the others out that were being used, had the rivets, put them all in. . . the power for the chip comes from the pin header even without the solderless kit, correct?  if the xbox is on i should be getting the light on the chip w/o the usb connected as well. . . i would prefer not to take it apart again unless totally necessary, but if everything except the power is working i'm guessing it might not be getting a good connection in the pin that provides the power to the chip.  troubleshooting steps ????

[email protected]

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2004, 05:12:00 PM »

alright..
now u said that when the usb is pluged in it does work correct?
if so.. it dont turn on when it not... right???.... if so..
its your ground..
i would suggest you take it apart and move the chip around a lil.. like rock it.. and c if u can get it to turn on.
i had the same problem..
hope it works!

boognish523

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2004, 05:54:00 PM »

right on man. . . for the record. . .if it is working. . without the usb cable plugged in when i turn it on the led will be on right?  you guys have seen the led on without the usb cable in cuz i have not and wanna make sure. . .

thanks

boognish523

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2004, 08:05:00 PM »

right on man. . . for the record. . .if it is working. . without the usb cable plugged in when i turn it on the led will be on right?  you guys have seen the led on without the usb cable in cuz i have not and wanna make sure. . .

thanks

cravavr3

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 09:57:00 AM »

When X-Chip is installed on xbox and I power with or without programmer cable attached I get a red light on chip displayed.

All red light indicates is if power ( 5V ) and ground are connected.  Thats its.  Does not let you diagnose more then power is getting to chip.

[email protected]

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2004, 06:24:00 PM »

... so anything? get it to work?