xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X-chip Install Steps?  (Read 241 times)

M$xbox

• Archived User
X-chip Install Steps?
« on: October 01, 2004, 02:48:00 AM »

ok i'v been searching through forums, web pages... etc.. on how to install and what the x-chip is capable of .. ok this is what i got so far...

1: you get the chip
2: you flash it first
3: install chip to xbox according to the xbox ver you have
4: boot it to see if the status light comes on to see if the chip is working...

the other thing i read is that ..... you can't or are not suppose to use the eject button .. please correct me if i'm wrong but if i mod my xbox with the chip i'm not gonna be able to use the eject button?

asside from that to backup games to the hd you need evox and to replace the hd with a bigger one the x-chip is already capaple of doing that?

i'd like to say that i'v been reading about this for like 2 days barely and i'm gonna get an xbox in a week or so and thinking of moding it , please be kind and reply. :rolleyes:

Easybuy2000

• Archived User
X-chip Install Steps?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 08:14:00 AM »

Yo can use the Eject button. The X-chip has the ability to map itself to buttons (A,B,X,Y) including the eject button. The main purpose of the eject button was to disable itself (turn the X-chip off)

However with Xbox version 1.0 there was a bug and it kept on resetting itself with X-bios version 1.0.

Then Team Evox came with version 1.1 that added LBA 48 support and a few extra features as well and they disabled the mapping to the eject button allowing the end user to select which button they would choose to disable the chip.

This way if you have a Xbox 1.0 by default the eject button is not mapped allowing you to choose what button you want to select that will disable the X-Chip and start with the MS Bios.

M$xbox

• Archived User
X-chip Install Steps?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 01:21:00 AM »

unsure.gif

cravavr3

• Archived User
X-chip Install Steps?
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 09:33:00 AM »

Yes, but you can remap the button as well to a controller button if you wish to disable X-Chip as well.  Read the manual that comes with X-Control, explains options.

TreeHouse

• Archived User
X-chip Install Steps?
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 10:34:00 AM »

I noticed in the xchip 1.6 quick guide that the +5v wire is slightly bigger then the 30 gauge wires that I used so I put it on hold after installing the pinhead...what guage wire should i use for the +5v wire?

cravavr3

• Archived User
X-chip Install Steps?
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 10:57:00 AM »

I've used 26 guage, but 22,24,28 should do job nicely as well.

kasserole

• Archived User
X-chip Install Steps?
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »

So if you have xbox v1.0, then you can't use the eject button to turn off the x-chip?

cravavr3

• Archived User
X-chip Install Steps?
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »

kasserole:  If you use the eject button to disable xchip on a 1.0 xbox it will not work.  You need to remap the original xbox bios to any button other then eject for a 1.0 xbox using xcontrol software.