xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Evolution-x Chip Will Not Install  (Read 269 times)

jechrin_nomme

• Archived User
Help Evolution-x Chip Will Not Install
« on: September 19, 2004, 11:21:00 PM »

I have a X-chip EBK2 installed into my xbox. I installed an evox bios 1.1 onto my xbox and it is working properly. The problem I have I tried to install several dashboards onto my xbox but was not successful. I tried to instal the latest elovution x dashboard 3935 onto my xbox using cd-rw cd-r dvd-r and was not successful. They were all under ISO format, and was burned through NERO and that was still unsucessful. Is there some sort of loader to install under the bios in order to install the evox using x-chip. Please respond ASAP AIM me at Jechrin Nomme

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 01:27:00 PM »

use SlaYers 2.6, slayer.xbox-scene.com

cravavr3

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 11:17:00 AM »

Also, before you hit BURN in NERO after you load ISO, there is a option under 1 of the TAB's called Xbox compatibility, try checking this off prior to pressing BURN button.

caddiec

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 08:10:00 PM »

Hey Jechrin,
Did you ever get the evox dash to load. Im having the same problem you are having. I have my Xchip installed and working properly, I made an ISO on 3 diff types of media. I cant get my xbox to read the disk/dash. If someone else has any advise, I would be greatful.  :ph34r:

mt80

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 08:44:00 PM »

Make sure you are burning an image and not just a regular cd.  Also, I've had problems with the thompson drives reading media, so I just used my phillips drive to complete the install on other xbox's.

DA-newbie

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 08:53:00 PM »

Just 2 suggestions:

1: are you sure your CD-R/W will even run on the xbox.  I know certain brands of cd-r's that the Xbox dvd player will not read

2: I had this same problem but all I did diffrent was burn the iso at the slowest burning rate. The dashboards are barely bigger then a megabite, So its possiable for your burner to skip critical data needed.