xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: X-control On Xp Problems  (Read 2148 times)

NghtShd

• Archived User
X-control On Xp Problems
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »

Yes, my drivers are up to date and all my USB stuff works as it did before SP2 except x-control and x-serial.

It's a shame, because after the latest x-chip OS update I was able to get the x-serial debug output working (my main reason for using this chip) and now it's useless unless I go back to pre SP2.

Both of my systems are using AMD processors, BTW. Have you tested with AMD or only Intel?

cravavr3

• Archived User
X-control On Xp Problems
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »

I've tested with intel 2.8 and 2.2 processors and a AMD 2000 and 2800+'s.

Did you chekc device manager after connecting X-Chip and verify that the driver and device are successfully detected?   It could be the .exe and not drivers that are issues.

NghtShd

• Archived User
X-control On Xp Problems
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2004, 07:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (cravavr3 @ Sep 29 2004, 03:40 PM)
I've tested with intel 2.8 and 2.2 processors and a AMD 2000 and 2800+'s.

Did you chekc device manager after connecting X-Chip and verify that the driver and device are successfully detected?   It could be the .exe and not drivers that are issues.

Yeah, I assumed that it was the exe since thats what crashes, though it could be driver related. The driver shows up in device manager as installed and working properly, for what that's worth.

cravavr3

• Archived User
X-control On Xp Problems
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2004, 07:19:00 AM »

If the driver is showing up successful, we can assume its an issue with the .exe file.  But like you state coudl be driver related.

But......very strangly is sysmptom cannot be duplicated.........just happens to some and others not.

I think the best solution is to start a Database of issue of XP SP2.

Example(s):

My PC loaded with SP1, had xcontrol installed, donwlaaded the 256 install file of SP2 and installed and xcontrol works.

My PC loaded with SP1, did not have xcontrol installed, let windows update automatically install SP2, then tried loading xcontrol and doe snot work famouse 0x00000005 error.

They need to find common way of reproducing issue, once that maybe they can track down problem 100% with SP2.

cravavr3

• Archived User
X-control On Xp Problems
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »

I have been contacted by the Team X-Chip to beta test a possible SP2 ( 0xC00000005 ) error fix.  Since I do not have the issue, I have been instructed to forward the file to a few individuals to test who are encountering the ( 0xc000005 ) with SP2 installed issue.

Please PM me your email address and I will email file ASAP.  I am limiting this to the 1st 5-10 PM's.  As I do not have alot of time to send files out as this is a Beta and may or may not fix issue, if it doesn't it may or may not become a public file, if it does, some tweaks maybe make and a mor eofficial release will follow.

NghtShd

• Archived User
X-control On Xp Problems
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

Same error as before.

May be relavent and I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but the error dialog happens twice when I launch either x-control or x-serial. I get the error dialog, click the OK button, and then a second dialog pops up.

tokyoturnip

• Archived User
X-control On Xp Problems
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2004, 08:59:00 PM »

I have tested the betafile that cravar3 sent me. Sorry to say it did not solve the problem. Still get the 0xC00000005 error. Maybe others will have luck.

tokyoturnip

kasserole

• Archived User
X-control On Xp Problems
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2004, 09:03:00 PM »

I had the same exact problem until I just found a solution. What you do is go to the add/remove menu from control panel, and remove the service pack 2 update. After I did that the x-control app started working perfectly.

NghtShd

• Archived User
X-control On Xp Problems
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2004, 09:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (kasserole @ Oct 7 2004, 12:06 AM)
I had the same exact problem until I just found a solution. What you do is go to the add/remove menu from control panel, and remove the service pack 2 update. After I did that the x-control app started working perfectly.

LOL. No kidding? Removing SP2 fixes the SP2 problem? Whodathunkit!

kasserole

• Archived User
X-control On Xp Problems
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2004, 10:13:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

cravavr3

• Archived User
X-control On Xp Problems
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2004, 07:04:00 AM »

Unfortunity the file did not work with SP2 issues.

It was well documented and posted that SP2 on these machines that have issues if removed worked.

From my understanding on what I was told, was the test file meet all the SP2 criteria for DEP, etc.

So must be another issue then the .exe

NghtShd

• Archived User
X-control On Xp Problems
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2004, 07:20:00 AM »

QUOTE (kasserole @ Oct 7 2004, 01:16 AM)
I woulda never thought it'd be that simple, but hey biggrin.gif

Um, I thought you were joking. Of course removing SP2 will fix the SP2 problem, because it is caused by a conflict between some component of the x-chip software and SP2.

cravavr3

• Archived User
X-control On Xp Problems
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2004, 11:04:00 AM »

NghtShd: Have you tried the beta drivers i emailed you this morning?

cravavr3

• Archived User
X-control On Xp Problems
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2004, 12:49:00 PM »

You must of not selected Have Disk as I stated in email.

Oh well... I will pass the info along.

But can you provide some info on your system:
USB 1.1 or 2.0 ports?
Video Card?
Sound Card?
Any conflicting drivers in device manager?

Grilf

• Archived User
X-control On Xp Problems
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2004, 12:56:00 PM »

nghtshd: Take a look in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB

How many entries do you have with vid_0547 ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4