xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Booting Buttons  (Read 1289 times)

Mandalore

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2004, 07:26:00 AM »

Thats the weird thing about it, it does not allow you to select "boot" for the original xbox bios block.

Grilf

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2004, 08:05:00 AM »

wink.gif

Mandalore

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2004, 08:45:00 AM »

yea you can map it to any button but the boot button. I guess there is no way of doing it. They must have done it on purpose for some reason.

Kracer

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

Let say if you map it to button "X", all you have to do is press "X" and power on the xbox to boot Original Xbox Bios and THEN You be able to use Xbox Live? If thats the case, why brother installing different kind of chip with a addon switch to disable the chip for xbox live......... It seems much easiler with X-Chip right?

Grilf

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2004, 03:06:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Kevlar218

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2004, 06:32:00 PM »

I have read this entire post and I have done everything right and I still cant get that xcontrol software to work right.  Even with the cromwell in there my xbox wont boot, it goes to red and green flashing.  Even when I hit the eject button to boot the box it flashes.  I dunno whats up, maybe I got a defective chip.

Mandalore

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2004, 06:39:00 PM »

Can you actually read and write to the chip?? if not maybe you did not download and install the drivers you need for the USB programmer. And if you did and you've flashed your chip correctly then your modchip isn't making good connection.

Does your red light on the chip light up when you power your xbox on?

Kevlar218

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2004, 06:43:00 PM »

I am able to read and write the bios.  I can write a bios in bank one 2-5 etc and move the boot button.  Then I write the changes.  But when I go to boot the box it just frags.  I have a post in this forum called "won't stop fragging"  It explains some of my problem.

Kevlar218

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2004, 06:45:00 PM »

Forgot to tell you, after I have clicked write changes, I closed the program and then reopened it and clicked read settings and everything is there.  So I am able to read and write the bios but it just wont boot. Go figure.
Pages: 1 [2]