xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Booting Buttons  (Read 1290 times)

twisted.penguin

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« on: August 08, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »

Can you change a different bio's to boot upon boot other than the Xchip or the Evox Xchip bios?

cravavr3

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 09:31:00 PM »

Yes, by using the X-Control software.

You can load any bios to any bank on the X-Chip. Simply load a bios onto a selected bank, then right click and select the button( Eject, Power, A,B,X,Y) held upon power up to boot the loaded bios with that button help during power up.  Then do a X-Chip -> Write changes to apply changes.

twisted.penguin

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 11:55:00 PM »

Ugh, im not a n00b, let me elaborate. By default, the xchip cromwell bios is set to boot upon boot. I want to change another bios to boot upon boot, but Xcontroll dosent seem to want to let me do that.

mtxboxfreak

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 04:29:00 AM »

I dunno if this helps, but by default do you mean when you press the power button? I havent actually recieved my X-Chip yet (although i ordered in Feb), but from what ive seen, you can set the power and eject buttons to a different bios same as the ABXY buttons.

twisted.penguin

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »

Yes, by boot i mean by pushing the little power button. I can change the eject and ABXY buttons but not boot.

T_relll

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »

Yeap, if you right click on the selected bios then click boot..It will boot from that bios... Sorry this is while you are in the XCONTROL screen..

cravavr3

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 06:53:00 PM »

To cause a boot of any BIOS loaded upon pressing power button:

Connect X-Chip to PC and run X-Control Software,
Press X-Chip Read settings,
Select the bank you want to boot and right click and select teh option called BOOT ,
Now select X-Chip Write Changes and wait,
when finished your selected bank will boot up upon pressing power button.

twisted.penguin

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 09:51:00 PM »

You try it, you wont be able to change the bios that is set to boot from boot. You can change any other bios to anything but boot, aparently the xchip bios is stuck on boot, try things before you post.

heavyholyman

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004, 08:34:00 PM »

I've had similar issues trying to boot to different BIOS.  I'm using the EvoX X-chip 1.0 BIOS from xbins.  My XBox works just fine.  Problem is, if I load additional BIOS to different banks, assign them a button using XControl, and write my changes, they never boot when I restart the machine and hold down the assigned button on any of my controllers (Datel and MS).  Am I missing a step.  I think I'm doing everything correctly.  Has anyone else tried this successfully?

cravavr3

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »

Twisted.Penguin: I have tried and booting other banks with Power, A, and B buttons.  Are you doing a read settings, righ click and then selecting boot and then performing a write changes?

I've done with X-Chip Cromwell 1.0 and Evox 1.0 both written to chips

cravavr3

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 09:14:00 PM »

Do you see the BOOT logo change to your newly selected bank?

Mandalore

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2004, 10:53:00 PM »

Do a read on your bios, then select Banks 4 - 5 (or whatever u wanna flash) load your bios on it. Then you just right-click and select "Boot" and you should see the boot logo switch to that bank. Then you do "write changes" and it works. It's worked for me so far.

twisted.penguin

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2004, 10:58:00 PM »

Ok ok, I should've stated, I want my Standard Xbox bios to boot on boot, is that possible?

Mandalore

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2004, 11:16:00 PM »

Just tried myself and I don't see any way to do that. Maybe try backing it up then loading it onto one of the banks then boot from one of those.

twisted.penguin

• Archived User
Booting Buttons
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2004, 11:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mandalore @ Aug 11 2004, 06:16 AM)
Just tried myself and I don't see any way to do that. Maybe try backing it up then loading it onto one of the banks then boot from one of those.

Wouldnt that get me banned from xbox live?
Pages: [1] 2