xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbox 1.6 With A X-chip Problem  (Read 1246 times)

taktin

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6 With A X-chip Problem
« on: July 10, 2004, 10:34:00 AM »

xbox 1.6 with a x-chip problem

I just intalled a x-chip on my xbox 1.6 and when I put the chip on the headers pins the red led of the chip light on and my xbox is not powered on

Even if the xbox is off, the chip light was on

i used the xenium schemas for 1.6
i have remove the pin #4
and i didnt use the green wire the 3.3 v
flash the chip with the evox xchip bios for 1.6
just like the ezb2000 tech tell me
i have tested the mother board and (i dont know if its normal ) but the 5v is always stay on (xbox turned off)

please help me

greengiant

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

yes on the 1.6 board, the points used for power are always on.

This should not be much of a problem until you need to switch banks. You can always get power from the USB. That should fix up the problem.

taktin

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »

I'm glad to know that my motherboard isn't broken. :D
But it's still not working.  When I'm opening my Xbox and trying to boot from the chip, the Eject button is flashing from green to red and vice versa.  It is also losing my data on the date and time.  
It's trying to boot three times before the lights are flashing (from green to red).
If I'm retrieving the chip, my Xbox is working normally.
Thanks for your help!
Taktin

christineyoung

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2004, 04:20:00 PM »

Are you using the proper file on xchip with the 16 in it?

taktin

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 05:33:00 PM »

christineyoung
yes i have  the 1.6 x-chip bios in it  

The chip is suppose to work i have tested it on an 1.2 board with the non-1,6 bios for x-chip

jackie

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 07:16:00 PM »

where did you see how to connect the xbit chip to the mainboard?

christineyoung

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »

jackie: This is the X-Chip forum, not Xbit forum..I beleive xbit wires smae as smartxx diagram.

christineyoung

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2004, 03:04:00 PM »

Just got a 1.6 box today, and preparing it to install my X-Chip in.....any advise or suggestions, seeing as there tech support is non-existant and non-knowledgable of product and or diagnostics.

From what I have gathered, I must put a 1.6 capable bios on chip prior to installing and using on the 1.6 motherboard, otherwise if I leave the stock cromwell or a 1.5 supported bios I can kill my 1.6 motherboard.

I have the proper bios installed already tongue.gif

Now, I understand I must use the Xeniums install images, minues the 3.3 volts.

And wire LFrame to D0 on my X-Chip.

Anthing else I should be aware of??? other then the red light will always be on?

Also, is there anyway to restore eeprom on 1.6 boxes, heard we cannot write back to them yet....is this true or false.

christineyoung

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »

Ok, I think I did it tongue.gif

Pretty slick too tongue.gif

I used the solderless adapter and cut the D0 wire/spring, and attached all point from motherboard to the solderless adapter.  Took all but 4-5 minutes in total. tongue.gif

Now to find out way to enable/diable LED sad.gif  Not sure if i remove led if current needed to flow through to some other points, i guess trial and error will determine.

jokk

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 10:06:00 AM »

why removing it ?
i mean its not a bright led, so it wont kill ur eyes :)

thewitness

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 06:16:00 PM »

i thought evox said there 1.6 BIOS would crash your xbox

christineyoung

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2004, 07:30:00 PM »

thewitness: yes/no the leaked version by smartxx guy will toast a 1.6 board, the offcial release which comes with both a m8 and m8_16 file is teh correcta dn working versions teh m8_16 is only for 1.6 boxes

l8erdude

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2004, 07:28:00 PM »

Hello.  It seems I have the same problem as taktin.  I am trying to install the x-chip onto a 1.6 board and the box won't even boot up.  Here is my situation:

I rebuilt the LPC on the bottom side of the board and DID NOT connect the 3.3 V and also took out Pin #4.  I used the header and not the solderless adapter.  I have verified that all the solder points are correct using a multimeter, and I am pretty sure I'm not shorting anything.  I have checked and re-soldered at least 4 times already to make sure all the connection points were clean.  The box will function normally when I have the chip removed, which is a good sign.  It just won't boot up when I plug the chip in.  It reboots 3 times and frags.  The Eject button flashes red and green continuously and the TV screen stays blank.  The LED on the chip is red, which I've read from some other posts means the chip is installed correctly.  It has the 1.6 only bios programmed to it.

christineyoung, you are the only person I've read so far that has gotten the x-chip to work on a 1.6 board.  Did you run into any problems when you first booted it up?  Is there anything I should check for?

Thanks everyone for any advice and help you can give.  I have been working on this for several days now.  I just want to get this going...

l8erdude

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

One other thing.  Am I supposed to solder a wire for the LFRAME?  I followed the Xenium install guide and it says to wire the LFRAME point to the D0 on the Xenium, but I wasn't sure if that applies to the x-chip as well since I see a D0 hole on the x-chip.  That is the only thing I did not wire on the board.  I only soldered the 4 points on the bottom side of the board to rebuild the LPC for the 1.6 board.  Could that be the problem?  Can someone clarify this?  I'm a little reluctant to solder the LFRAME on the x-chip with so many warnings that a wrong wire could blow up either the chip and/or the board.  Thanks.

craig123

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2004, 08:26:00 PM »

I am wondering the same thing about the D0 and LFRAME.  Could someone maybe show us a picture of this also?
Pages: [1] 2