xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Comparing Chips  (Read 638 times)

4MD_4_M3

• Archived User
Comparing Chips
« on: May 19, 2004, 09:35:00 PM »

I was wondering if this chip http://easybuy2000.com/store/xbox/x-chip.shtml was better than a executor 2.3 pro. I am interested in the e3 chip because it is solderless.

Thanks Alot
Steve

Mast3r Ch13f

• Archived User
Comparing Chips
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 12:01:00 PM »

You'll have to wait until the chip is released to be sure.

But most likely the X-Chip is supposed to be better.

pROvIs

• Archived User
Comparing Chips
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »

All chips basically acomplish the same thing.  That is load a hacked bios.  If the extra features aren't important to you then go ahead and go with an xecuter.

wentsen

• Archived User
Comparing Chips
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (4MD_4_M3 @ May 20 2004, 04:35 AM)
I am interested in the e3 chip because it is solderless.

this is not the only solderless chip available

issues_i3oy

• Archived User
Comparing Chips
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 10:52:00 AM »

laugh.gif

dsscircuits

• Archived User
Comparing Chips
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 02:11:00 PM »

Get an Xecuter or Xenium. Both are reliable chips, unlike others

Can you name me some unreliable chips?

issues_i3oy

• Archived User
Comparing Chips
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 06:34:00 PM »

Well, the X-Chip, maybe? EB2K has a shitty track record of poor customer service with the end-user in my opinion.

First.. the sample package as shipped.. was missing the bag of rivets, pin-header, and replacement screw. Second delay was the Official Installation Guides and XControl Software was not publicly available either.

Using 2 XBOX units.. a 1.1 and a 1.3 units I had handy I proceeded to prep them for the installation. Prep included cleaning the LPC holes, and Topside D0 with alcohol. Using the supplied rivets, screw, and solderless adapter I attached the adapter to the motherboard. Installed the chip onto the pins of the adapter as directed by their guide, and attempted to boot the unit. FRAG. (Flashing Red and Green)

Same install on the other XBOX.. using the same method.. proved just as fruitless.

Having other chips handy.. I was able to determine that the X-Chip Solderless Adapter was making good and proper contact with each XBOX it was used on.. as it booted Chameleons and Xeniums perfectly fine and without trouble.

Cpoc/EasyBuy2000 was extremely helpful and worked with me to troubleshoot this situation. It was determined via pictures and videos I provided.. that the Chip was likely somewhat defective.. as it appeared the itÂ’s female connectors were simply not making the proper contact with the X-Chip Solderless Adapter. This is a situation he was able to duplicate on his end.. but with less fatal results.

I found that the Chip, when properly installed onto the pins of the adapter could be rocked back and forth to a degree that leads me to beleive that the fit of the chip and solderless adapter wasn't tested as much as the fit of the pin-header and chip.. which is quite snug and secure. Example video: Rock and Roll connection (avi)

So.. with the X-Chip Sample currently in my possession apparently defective..