xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Problem Loading Games  (Read 109 times)

someone2die

• Archived User
Xbox Problem Loading Games
« on: April 01, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »

It's been quite a while since I modded my XBox.  I went to start it up a while back and it refused to load a game(s) (both on a disk or on the hard drive).  However, smaller applications such as the default Xbox Dashboard, Evox, Yamp, and boXplorer still run.

I've reflashed the mod chip and come to the conclusion that that isnt the problem.

Someone said something about a hard drive problem, but I wasn't sure.  Could this be the problem?  If anyone else has any suggestions on how to fix this, I'm open for them =)

Edit:
I forgot to add, I am able to boot "Dynebolic" linux distro.  However, it won't mount the drives.  Wasn't sure if this is normal or not, but figured it was worth throwing in there as an extra referance.

This post has been edited by someone2die: Apr 1 2006, 08:14 PM

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »

Try clearing your cache,

Delete the contents of E:\Cache\, X:\ Y:\ and Z:\.

If that doesnt solve the problems try posting in a different area of the forum, possibly the noob section because plenty of people check there for new posts to answer

I doubt that the xbit has anything to do with it though, sounds like a software problem.

Tr10

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 07:28:00 AM »

I have this same problem.

apps will load but i cant cold boot or play games off the harddrive or launch the dvd using unleash x

i did accidently run dashupdate.xbe while i was copying files over, do you think it had enough time to overwrite a key file of unleash x?

Thank you.