xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Damaged Connector  (Read 158 times)

ProfDrMorph

• Archived User
Damaged Connector
« on: March 02, 2006, 10:46:00 AM »

recently one of the black cables which connects the modchip to the control panel outside the Xbox somehow got cut off right where it goes into the connector. Don't ask me how that happened I'm little confused about it myself. Someday I just noticed it after returning home from a friend's place. Maybe it happened when I put the Xbox into my backpack or something.

Any ideas how I can repair it or how those connectors are called (so I can buy a new one)? The modchip is still working fine though except that I can't flash a new BIOS (which I need to do for LBA48 support :/).

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Damaged Connector
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 03:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(ProfDrMorph @ Mar 2 2006, 05:46 PM) View Post

recently one of the black cables which connects the modchip to the control panel outside the Xbox somehow got cut off right where it goes into the connector. Don't ask me how that happened I'm little confused about it myself. Someday I just noticed it after returning home from a friend's place. Maybe it happened when I put the Xbox into my backpack or something.

Any ideas how I can repair it or how those connectors are called (so I can buy a new one)? The modchip is still working fine though except that I can't flash a new BIOS (which I need to do for LBA48 support :/).

You need to take a small screwdriver and push the metal piece of the connector from each of the slots where the wire goes in, you can pull this apart with a pair of needle-nose pliars, then cut all the wires square and re-clamp the pieces to each wire and push them back into the slots they came from.

Its kinda difficult to explain what I mean, but have a look at the way the connector fits together and you will understand.

ProfDrMorph

• Archived User
Damaged Connector
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 07:40:00 AM »

you mean it's no big deal to open the connector, remove that part of the wire that's stuck in it and then put in the wire again? (after removing the isolation around it, of course wink.gif) I'll have a look at it when I've got enough time. I'm already busy for at least the next 48h if not 72h. ^^ But thanks for the suggestion. I didn't think of it because that thing looks so small. I thought repairing it would be a major pain in the *cough, cough*. smile.gif