xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Constant Reboots  (Read 99 times)

ChOnaN

• Archived User
Constant Reboots
« on: January 11, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »

Hi,

Im currently working on an Xbox V1.0, Xbit v1.0, using Bios X2.4983, evoX dash, upgraded 120g hdd, also using the pogo pin install. The problem is that my xbox constantly resets during any game I load. Whether from a disk or from the hdd. My apps and emulators all work. When I boot a game from the Hdd, it goes to the loading screen then reboots back to the dashboard. When I put a game disk in, it recognizes a game but goes to the loading screen and reboots if i load the disk. I able to load a dashboard, so Ftping was possible. I've cleared my caches and other folders...the hdd was clean. Not sure what the problem is. I've searched for answers but havent found one. I'm open to any suggestions, thank you.

zX_Storm

• Archived User
Constant Reboots
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 01:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(ChOnaN @ Jan 11 2006, 04:44 PM) View Post

Hi,

Im currently working on an Xbox V1.0, Xbit v1.0, using Bios X2.4983, evoX dash, upgraded 120g hdd, also using the pogo pin install. The problem is that my xbox constantly resets during any game I load. Whether from a disk or from the hdd. My apps and emulators all work. When I boot a game from the Hdd, it goes to the loading screen then reboots back to the dashboard. When I put a game disk in, it recognizes a game but goes to the loading screen and reboots if i load the disk. I able to load a dashboard, so Ftping was possible. I've cleared my caches and other folders...the hdd was clean. Not sure what the problem is. I've searched for answers but havent found one. I'm open to any suggestions, thank you.

Couple things.. First, I would try getting newer bios, X2 5032 is the latest, and works great. In the older days, when 4983 was introduced, I remember a lot of people having issues and downgraded to 4981. I would suggest if you can't get a newer one, try that one. If none of that works, try a fresh copy of EvoX, and try loading a game with the modchip off. I would say though, 90% chance the problem is the bios.

ChOnaN

• Archived User
Constant Reboots
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 04:22:00 AM »

Hey, Thx for the advice. Got the problem fixed, it was my parental controls... I read about this earlier today but didnt get the chance to finally try it, but yeah, my controls were all the way down, not letting any game of mine boot. I updated my bios though, the new one works great also, thx lots.

http://www.gamewinne...Xbox.htm...link to the control reset