xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Frag With And Without Chip  (Read 107 times)

cormoo82

• Archived User
Frag With And Without Chip
« on: December 21, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »

hey all, I modified a friends box for him last year.  A month or two ago the box started fragging and not loading at all ever.  He gave it to me to look at.  When I opened her up I noticed the XBIT chip I hd installed was falling apart, all of the pins were popping out.  

Logically I determined he needed another chip.  This past week I finally got around to ordering one and getting it in the mail.  

I go to install it tonight and the damn machine still frags.  I tried booting the machine without the chip as well, just to see if I frag or get the screwed up hard drive error message.  It still fragged@#$%  I don't know what to do now...  I assume the chip is not the fault, it must be something with the hardware or connections maybe?  Anyone have any logical ideas as to what may be the problem?  Thanks in advance.

By the way, the box is a v. 1.0  
New large 200 gig drive
slayer's evox

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 06:29:00 AM »

Have you flashed the chip yet?

Didnt come to the conclusion that these chips arent the greatest quality after the first one fell apart?
Im jus kiddin with you tongue.gif . But seriously, the xbit isnt a great chip to be using.

My honest advice would be to send the xbit back whilst you still can.

Does the xbox work with no chip installed?

Buy a duoX2 and solder it in. cheaper and more reliable.

cormoo82

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 04:15:00 PM »

hey there thanks for the reply.  Yeah, I know the XBIT is not the most reliable chip, however, I do not trust my soldering skills and the chip is easy enough to instal without the soldering.  I have actually modded four bxes with the chip and this is the first one that has not worked out.  

I have unmodded the xbox to see if the box will run without the chip.  It does not.  It only frags, it doesnt even appear as if the hard drive begins to spin.  I cant friggin figure it out and it is seriously causing major heartburn.  He has an early version xbox, and I know there were power problems with those.  I am thinkg there is a power problem here, maybe the power source is corrupt.  It isn;t acting like this is the problem, but it is seriously the only thing I can think of.  

Please if anyone has sugestions as to what the problem may be I would love to ohear the solutions.  And yes I did flash the chip first and confirmed the flash via the XBIT softwafe/usb.