xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: ***softmod - Forget About Action Replay***  (Read 80 times)

dalvenjia

• Archived User
***softmod - Forget About Action Replay***
« on: November 05, 2007, 08:26:00 PM »

First of all my thanx to all the hard working people of X-S, without them the xbox would be boring and long forgotten by now, to Krayzie for his great packages, roofus & anger for the great tool Xplorer360, the xbins crew, XboxLinux project and this great forum.

I consider this Newbie proof and easier than any tutorial I have read(so far) only because this involves no Driver modification and is as simple as Drag'n'Drop.

Lets get started

*Make sure your box is NOT a 1.6 version because you can not use other than official memory cards with that version.*Not tried myself but told so.

Just make or buy the adapter and check if your USB memory is compatible(there was a site with compatibility list but seems down: HERE) just start your xbox, then plug the stick, then go to memory, the Dashboard will automatically reformat the drive to accept savegames. So no, you do not need to format your stick before inserting it into the Xbox. Note that the Xbox does not ask for confirmation before formatting, so do not insert memory sticks with PC files unless you want the stick erased!
If you get an error saying that the memory is damaged it is incompatible.
If you get a not working correctly error the memory is compatible and formatted.

Now, with a working memory lets continue:

Get yourself a copy of Krayzie's Ndure Installer at the "Usual Place" - guide here (if you use Firefox you can get ChatZilla and FireFTP instead of mIRC and FlashFXP)

The package is in: /XBOX/Console Based Applications/exploits/_Packages/Krayzie Ndure Installer
Pick the one that matches the game you are going to use, 007: Agent Under Fire, MechAssult or Splinter Cell. I recommend Splinter Cell, because any version of that disc can be used. All copies of 007:AUF that are NOT Platinum Hits will work. MechAssult is harder to spot, ONLY Discs with part number X08-82261, X08-82262 or X08-82264 will work.

***Read Krayzie's README, included in all the packages, YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING.***

Now Create a New Folder in your Desktop and name it Exploit, unzip your gamesaves to the Exploit folder, you should get the 8 digits (Hex code) folders (inside the UDATA folder in the ZIP) to the Exploit folder.(I'm using Splinter Cell in the pics, MA and 007:AUF games are in a single gamesave)

Get Xplorer360(HERE)

Connect the USB memory in your PC(decline any formatting request by windows -if any-)

Open Xplorer360

Load your memory(the program searches and load any FATX formatted drive)
IPB Image

And you should get this:
IPB Image

Then select Partition0 and Drag'n'Drop the folder(Folders if using Splinter Cell) to the right section of the window.
IPB Image

Wait for the transfer and should get this:
IPB Image

Now your memory is ready, go to your xbox and copy the game save, Splinter cell users copy both "LINUX_Profile" and "Install Linux" and make sure there is no other save for splinter cell BEFORE copying to the hard drive.

Load the game and follow Krayzie's on screen instructions.

**ATTENTION**
The 007 AUF version needs to be loaded a certain way in order to get the save working otherwise it will just boot to a black screen. When you get to the load game screen DO NOT select load game but start a New one. Then when you reached the actual game (after the cutscene), hit the Start Button and select Load Game, then select the Exploited Gamesave.

Also, if using Splinter Cell, erase all the splinter cell gamesaves BEFORE copying the exploited ones or you will get a black screen.

Good Luck

Dalvenjia